1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Rebate: Got Check

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

After 16 weeks, the rebate check has arrived.

Matt Woodson

2. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Same story They can't find mine either,wanted me to provide original sales receipt and copies of the UPC labels,impossible since I sent them in with the rebate form and never thought about copying them all what a bunch of BS. Jerry

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Zis is Peggy. Can I help you... Sorry, 'puter crash.

I won't be doing it again either.

5. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

They DQ'd mine saying "invalid product purchased."

I'm pretty sure those were STS and Nitro UPCs. And I'm pretty sure that was the original receipt.

I would have fought them like a rabid coyote if I weren't in the middle of a cross country move at the time I received the notice.

No more Nitros for me. Hell, I won't even buy a box of Gun Clubs on sale now. Screw 'em.

6. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

You guys should start a class action suit. You'd win too. Remington wouldn't want the bad press. Plus, Remington KNOWS how many boxes they've sold AND just how many rebates they've given out. I guarantee they don't add up. If they run they're company like most then any rebate program is allocated funds up front. And once that thresh-hold is met the rebates seem to get lost or whatever. At least, that's my take.

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and your state Attorney General. Mail the rebate company copies of your complaints. It's a hassle, but things will start moving.

Wayne

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Here is some more info. As jdsfarms mentioned above, they asked for a copy of the receipt and UPC labels. I told them that I did not make copies of 50 UPC labels. They then asked for a picture of the box with the UPC missing. Well, I threw those boxes away when I shot 'em. Yes, I could go buy another box of STS shells, peel the label off, and take a picture. I'm not buying another box.

My letter to the CEO and/or President is getting somewhere. Public relations did email back with a few questions. It is now being forwarded to a marketing rep. I encourage anyone who has been screwed over by Remingon Rebate to email the CEO. I'm not letting this die!

9. glenns

glenns Member

I just got my $100 check from Remington in the mail yesterday. I mailed my UPC labels, etc. on 7-13-11.

Didn't have any problems. I did take my package to the post office to make sure I had sufficient postage ($1.71).

10. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

I ALWAYS make copies of this stuff. I lost an $18 rebate on wine because it was one of the very few I failed to copy. 4 cents a page at the local copy joint is cheap insurance. Also get a "Certificate of Mailing" from the PO. Form 3817. Cost about a buck. The time involved is cheap compared to your $100 dollars. YES<YES<YES we should not have to do all this. But that is the way a lot of companies are.

11. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

WoodsonEnt - Where did you send your correspondence? I would like to send them pictures of my boxes (...twenty flats of Federal papers sitting in my garage.)

I may even tape a sign to them "Enjoy the hundred bucks...it'll be the last you get outta me!"

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I send mine in flat rate Priority Mail boxes with delivery confirmation. No problems yet!!

13. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

To answer a few of the questions that have been posted above.......

Yes, I did take my rebate info to the Post Office. There was sufficient postage. I asked the postmaster to make sure there was enough postage. Photocopies of the receipt is no problem. Photocopies of the 50 UPC codes are the problem. I only sent First Class Mail. Nothing special.

Maybe I should quit complaining and take a lesson learned. Next time....more photocopies, certificate of mailing, etc.

14. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

I wonder if anybody from Remington is reading this. For Remington (or anybody else, for that matter) to spend money on a poorly run sales promotion program that winds up driving away customers is poor business.

I've found the best way to show my displeasure with a company is to spend my money elsewhere. Nothing gets their attention faster than the absence of my dollars.

15. Ohio Bob

Ohio Bob Member

I got mine. No problem. It took about 4 weeks.

16. JON R THOMPSON

JON R THOMPSON TS Member

Got mine yesterday, 3 1/2 months, a friend has been waiting since May 14. He called today and was assured the check was in the mail. Only time will tell, I think Remington had managed to upset the masses, even more then your president.

17. 3357

3357 Member

mailed mine in on 06/12/11.....................still waiting.

18. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I fell as screwed as you guys do

But it was the Winchester rebate, yup they paid it but my wife opened the envelope with the check

Guess who got the money?

19. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

When I do rebates, I scan everything, and then have a bright RED "SCANNED" stamp that I smack on the paperwork I send in.

I even bought a Fuji SCANSNAP S1500 scanner that is the ticket. It scans everything automatically and then lets me decide if I want it saved as a JPG, PDF, or if I simply just want to email it directly. I scan all invoices and they are saved automatically in their proper locations.

I have only one occasion where they said I didn't have the proper paperwork, and I told them that I scanned everything and would be happy to email them a copy, provindg that I did, in fact, send in the complete paperwork.

"No, that won't be necessary. We'll issue it today," and gave me a completion number.

I HATE REBATES. Most folks don't do them, something like 85% I have been told. That's what they are counting on, and that's why it's important to keep copies of everything. Kinda like claims adjusters: deny all claims, and then wait for those who holler the loudest.

IMHO, anyway.

WW

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I only do instant rebates. If it ain't an instant rebate, I'm not interested.

Rebates are a scam. Companies promise you a rebate, but only allot a fixed amount of money to the program. Once that money is gone, your rebate goes into oblivion.

It's not only false advertising, it's theft.

One of these days someone with enough muscle and money is going to get ticked off and file a massive class action lawsuit. I hope it puts a lot of rebate handling companies out of business and costs the initiating companies a huge wad of money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bought a remington with rebate and threw the box away
remington rebate - can my wife claim

remington rebate thread