1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington R25

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by TRAINWRECK, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRAINWRECK

TRAINWRECK TS Member

Does anyone know if the new Remington R25 guns any good or not. I am looking at one in 308 to deer hunt with, but I dont want to buy a pig-in-a-poke. Also will Colt AR parts work on the R25?

2. james25889

james25889 Member

i would think they are pretty good i do know they are made by dpms for remington i doubt the parts will interchange but i have no idea

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Many Commercial Colt's parts will not interchange with military pattern guns.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The R25 is a scaled up AR15, so no, most parts will not interchange.<br>
    <br>
    The R25 is a decent gun, though heavy.<br>
    <>br>
    My 308 is an old Belgium FN FAL 50.64 Para (came in a Browning sporter box). There's no doubt it's reliable, and is a bit lighter than the R25. But FALs are a pain to scope, and the R25 is designed with optics in mind.<br>
    <br>
    It's ironic that I bought the FAL so I didn't have to take my antique rifles and Browning 1885's and 1886's out into bad weather. But now the FAL is worth more than they are.

5. brian meyerhofer

brian meyerhofer TS Member

I have an r25 in .308 and hope to shoot it this weekend for the first time.

6. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Brian, I have several FAL's and the DS arms Para Congo with their scope mount is rock solid (10 clamps)will shoot 1 1/4 to 1 inch groups with 168 Gold Medals hand feeding and the gas turned off. I also have a FNC para 16" barrel that I got new for $479. but not as accurate as the 308's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rem r25 rifle for 2014

what groups are the remington r25 shoting