1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington question...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rad 53, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rad 53

rad 53 Member

Here's one for the Remington experts regarding the "870 special field" model.Did Remington offer any barrel lengths other than 21" ? I am looking for a 26" barrel for this model if they actually made them in that lenghth. If not, did Remington make any other 870's with the 3 shot magazine that I could get a 26" barrel for, to fit the 3 shot Special field model? I look forward to your replies, regards, Donald Robb.

2. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Not 100% sure, but I think they made a 23" barrel for 870 special fields. regards, Ed

3. Strait Shooter

Strait Shooter Member

Don't know if they made an 870 skeet gun but if they did it probably came with a 26 inch barrell.

4. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

I don't think special field barrels and regular 870 barrels will interchange.

5. jayco32

jayco32 TS Member

I had a 20 ga 870 special field with a 23" barrel. I think they only made them one year with that barrel length.. Don't know if they made it in 12 ga also. Was made in 1989 I think.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The Special Field 870s have a shorter magazine tube than a regular 870, therefore the barrel forend hanger is moved closer to the receiver. Other 870 barrels will not interchange.

The Upland guns had 23" barrels, but they have a standard length mag tube.

7. overbored

overbored Member

Have a competent gunsmith move the barrel hanger on any barrel you want. I had it done for $150.00 including re-blue. Hope this helps.

Hugh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.