1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Primer Availability

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rtclark21, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtclark21

rtclark21 Member

Curious why Remington STS primers are hard to find? Local gun club is having a hard time keeping in stock, Bass Pro is out, Gander Mountain is out, placed order w/ Gamaliel this evening, but unsure if they have any in stock.

For the heck of it, I called the Wal-Mart in Sparta (during the grand they had several skids of STS flats for sale) and they mentioned that someone just bought $35k worth. Plus my local Wal-Mart has STS on clearance (not clearance price) and indicated they would no longer be in stock.

I knew about the shortage with brass components - what is going on with shotshell primers? Anything particular with Remington?

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Remington, Federal and Winchester primers are virtually non-existant in many areas!!

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Primers are around. You just need to be in the right place at the right time and keep looking. I bought a few sleeves of Winchester, Cheddite, and CCI 209M last week. Remingtons were also available. I could have bought more, but see no reason to stockpile too many. I have enough for about the next year, so I'll start looking again in six months.

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

My local gun shop always either has them or can get them in a couple of days. I wonder why Remingtons are six bucks a thousand more than Federals or Winchesters, though.

Ed

5. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Average Ed-better check again,

Richland, Shyda, Ron Shirks, Jerry's Sports, CAC-all limited quantities or none!!

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

recobs has winchester, fiocchi & Nobel primers in stock now

7. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Ollie, I bought 5,000 from him a week ago. He told me he had 4,000 in stock, to take them and he'd get a couple more sleeves of them in a couple of days and give me the other 1,000 then - and he did.

I was there two days ago for something else and he had several sleeves of all three on a shelf. As XP100 indicated above, there apparently are sources that not every gun shop has discovered.

Ed

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

There's a bunch on the shelf at the local Farm & Home. A bargain at $5.99/100! The 100 packs have a notice on them that they "are perfect for shotshell primered muzzle-loading rifles.". Now we know who's hoarding them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rem 209 sts primers gandermountain