1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Power Piston with 157 Primer recipe?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bud168, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bud168

bud168 Member

Hey guys, about a year ago I posted a thread about finding some 157 primer for a bunch of Remington Power Piston's hulls and wads I had, well a few months ago a guy that bought some stuff off me had 5k of them, so I picked them up. Unfortunatly I did throw a lot of the hulls away because I was loosing faith in finding any primers and they were taking up to much space.. But I did keep a few thousand of the green paper power piston shells in case I did find any. Well I would like to load these shells but Im not sure what powder charge I should use or what powder, I wanted to see what you guys thought, so my componets right now are a CCI 157 Primer, Remington Green Paper (with ridges) power piston shell, with Remington 1 1/8 power piston wads. I was hoping to use promo powder since thats what I use the most of... I have a spare mec press with an adjustable charge bar so I can kind of tweak this load some..

I also have a bunch of I guess of a later style of the power piston shells, they look like a remington peters, they are plastic and green and blue, but use the shorter wad but not the 157 primer, they almost look like they use a 209, I tried to fit a fiocchi primer in and it goes in about halfway but they are just a little to big, does anyone know what size primer might of went in these shells?

Thanks,
    Kurt Nelson

2. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Kurt

Sent you a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington power piston w29926 recipes

what load is a w29926 power piston wad used for