1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Power Piston Shell Primer?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bud168, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bud168

bud168 Member

Hey guys, hoping you can help me out.... About 2 months ago I bought a huge lot of reloading supplies at an auction, there are thousands of once fired paper Remington Power Piston shells, 3 styles, Green with ridges, Green Smooth and Blue Smooth, they all use a smaller primer which I think is a 157? Does anyone still make this primer? I have a few thousands wads to so I was hoping to use these shells..

- Kurt Nelson

2. B.C.

B.C. Member

I don't think so, put a want to buy add up, I'm sure somebody has some laying around. Hope this helps. B.C.

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

There are a few on here that have them but dont want to or cant ship. You also have to watch the powder you use as the 57 was not sealed. Best to trash them

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We used to load 209 primers into 157 holes with a 600 JR, just smoosh 'em in.

Won't work with a progressive cause of the spring.

HM

5. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

I have a couple hundred of these primers, probably not enough to mess with shipping as I'm sure you would have to have hazmat. I'm in Texas and travel to several shoots around if you are going to be at any? You can have them if you want, as I have no need.

Mr. Mark

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Expect "Boomers" if you load those hulls.

7. bud168

bud168 Member

Thanks Mark I appreciate that, but Im not heading to any shoots down your way, I live up in PA..

Well with what you guys have posted it sounds to me like its more hassle than its worth with these shells.. I feel so bad throwing away once fired papers :)

Thanks Guys,
    Kurt

8. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

Before you throw them away, send me an email. I would be interested in buying some to use up these primers and have some to add to my collection.

Mr. Mark

9. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Wads could also be a problem. I don't think the original Remington "Power Piston" used in those hulls is still available. Red AA wads, or their clones, should work if they are still available.

10. mr.mark

mr.mark Member

Will the TGT not work in these?

11. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"Will the TGT not work in these?"

Probably not.

12. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

I have 1000 of the primers you need. If you dont want to pay hazmat I dont know of any way to get them to you. Will sell for $2,00 per hundred. By the way I never had any "boomers" back when I loaded these hulls. The old Reminton "short wad" will load thesde shells fine. You can measure the length wad you need by running a dowel to the base wad to make sure which wad you need. I thing the smooth blue hulls had mkore room than the others. I am at jip 39305.........Stroker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington power piston shell review