1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington-Peters shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by plux001, Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plux001

plux001 Member

Scored a VERY large trash bag of these, once-fired. Same recipes as the STS/Nitros?

Thanks!

Paul

plux001_2011_0407157.jpg

plux001_2011_0407158.jpg

plux001_2011_0407159.jpg

2. 391 SL

391 SL Member

3. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

I Think they are better than sts. You can reload them more times. Use the same recipe.

Rick

4. plux001

plux001 Member

Thanks for the info...and you answered my follow-up question! I will stretch the number of reloads.

Paul

5. Ultra07

Ultra07 TS Member

I have a large quantity of these as well. What are they called? Are they similar to the "Blue Magics"?

Steve

6. DONNE

DONNE Member

Remington Premier. They are a bear to crimp!

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Paul:

Great Score!

The Premier or the RTL (Remington Trap Load) is still my favorite hull... seemed to use a stiffer plastic material, but as Rick mentioned, my experience also found them to hold up better than the STS/Nitro hulls... the RTL/Premier was the hull I learned to load, before the STS came out...

However, that said, they do get a bit ugly looking as you continue to reload them... and while stiffer, I never found them to be that difficult to crimp in my progressive loader...

Steve, While I never loaded Blue Magics, from all outward appearances, they appear to be identical... similar to the STS and Nitros... same head stamp and outside printing - just a color change IMO...

Jay

8. Ultra07

Ultra07 TS Member

Thanks, I loaded a few and they seamed to crimp fine.
    On the other hand, the primer seamed to not seat all the way and catches occasionally----a little tap on the hull at the second station seems to be working.

Steve

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"Remington Premier. They are a bear to crimp!"</I></blockquote>...and the primers go in easily but are sometimes stick when it's time to get them out.

Keller

10. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Other then the primer sticking the first time you reload them they are a great hull and seems like you have to lose them to get rid of them cause they never wear out.

11. plux001

plux001 Member

Funny story about these empties. I was headed to the truck after shooting and saw a guy walking to the dumpster with a large trash bag. He could hardly carry it. I asked him what he was doing, and he immediately got scared and apologized for bring trash from home and dumping it in the club dumpster. I told him if things were that tight at home, don't worry about it. I picked up the bag to help him, and it sounded like empties. I inquired and he told me it was just a bunch of old empties he had in his garage for years (probably 3000 of them). I diverted the bag to the back of my truck.

Thanks for the help in guiding me on my "find".

Paul

12. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Blue Magic...Mean Greens... is what we all called them at the time..they were available.Great Hulls..Enjoy

13. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

They crimp nicely, and look factory for me.
    stlflyn_2010_0704322.jpg

14. gr8shot

gr8shot Member

i have a kazillion of em. packed away in boxes so big and heavy, it takes two people to move em.

steve.

15. lesharris2305

lesharris2305 TS Member

These hulls load like the Rem Premier hulls. They seem to last forever. Les.

16. gunfighter001

gunfighter001 Member

due the blue peters load with same wads as the STS
    Mick

17. Ultra07

Ultra07 TS Member

plux001, thanks for starting this. I have been wondering about these hulls for a while. Great feedback from all.
    Steve

18. Straight50

Straight50 Member

The blue peters hulls load well also. Lots of reloads from them. Load the same as nitros, sts's, gun clubs.

19. DONNE

DONNE Member

Never had it happen to me, but I've seen more than a few Blue Magics blow in half about 1/4 inch above the brass. Many times reloaded. Just about every time they were loaded with 700X and a AA wad. I used 16.5 RD & an RXP wad. Great 16 yard load.

20. Scotty585

Scotty585 Member

I've been using the TGT-12 in all of my Remington hulls from Game Loads to Gun Clubs to Mean Greens to STS. No problems at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
can i use the same load data for peters blue magic as the rtl hulls

green remington peters shotshell