1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remington/peters"blue"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by burchell, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burchell

burchell TS Member

I have about 500 remington peters blue shells I believe they are "blue magic", they are smooth sided, medium colored blue, with peters printed on the side along with either light 8 or heavy 8 printed on them also. They remind me of either a aa or sts hull. I need a recipe using clays and cheddite primers and probably a waa12 wad. Would it be safe to load with the same recipe as a sts hull?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

remington/peters

Yup. Same as STS.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

remington/peters

When you can't find reloading data on a powder companies website it is best to talk to that powder companies tech (Hodgdon.com). Call or E-mail Hodgdon and tell the tech what hull,primer,powder,wad you would like to use and the speed at which you would like it loaded, and wait until they get back to you!!! That is what I would do. I will not load a load without a powder company's data or what the powder tech will tell me. There are to many loads out there with no data to back it up. Hodgdon will get to you. Only once have I ever heard of Hodgdon not being able to give a loader a load with the components he wanted to use. Then you'll know for sure your safe!!! Have fun loading and be safe. Break em all Jeff

4. burchell

burchell TS Member

remington/peters

Thanks Literalist

5. Greg LV

Greg LV Member

remington/peters

Yep same as STS and are still in production. Saw them in Gander Mountain in Saint Cloud, MN.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

remington/peters

Just stay away from 700X and Fed. 209's. That combo will blow the shell in half, with the front part remaining in your barrel. A pain to get out.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

remington/peters

If they are the flat-colored blue, they are similar to the Remington RTL "Premier" hulls... the opaque "greenie" hulls as some call them... I never shot them much - could never get enough Premier Hulls...

I typically used the same light recipes in the Premiers, Old AAs, STSs & Nitro hulls... not being a Cheddite guy... I use the Winchester 209...

Hodgdon Guide shows 1-1/8oz WAA12 15.5g/1090fps; 16.4g/1145fps... nothing for 1200fps

regards,

Jay

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

remington/peters

Yup same as STS

GB
    DLS

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

remington/peters

These hulls crimp very nicely.

10. APrice

APrice Well-Known Member

remington/peters

Yes, you can reload them with STS or Premier data. No, they are NOT currently produced. No, you CANNOT find them at Gander Mountain.

The currently available blue Peters hull is a blue-colored, non-ribbed version of the Gun Club hull.

11. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

remington/peters

Gun Clubs are ribbed.

Gander Mountain "Blue Magics" are smooth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.