1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remington Nitro's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dhip, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhip

dhip Active Member

remington Nitro

Just wondering,are Remington Nitro's legal for ATA shoots because as I read the rules,they fall under the 3% allowed .I realize it states 1290 fps max. how ever with the 3% allowance they fall under it with 1300 fps.Three percent comes to 1328.7 fps. I'm sure this has been covered before,but I'm new and was just wondering.I could see a new person making an a@@ out of theirself by pointing out the Nitro's as what they could see as illegal,not reading the fine print so to speak.

Doug H.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Doug- The stated maximum velocity of Rem. Nitros is 1290 ft/sec and this is allowed under the ATA rules for 1 1/8 oz loads. The 3% variation refers to the shot charge (weight) not the shot velocity.

Although I believe it was never intended, the wording of the rule could also apply the 3% variation to the maximum shot size of 7.5. This is OK. The size of shot will vary a bit in premium shells and a lot in some discount shells.

Pat Ireland

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

The 1290fps Nitro's are 1 oz shells and are perfectly legal for competition. They do shoot nicely on the sporting clays range as well.

ss

4. dhip

dhip Active Member

oops,guess it pays to read.Looked at the premier sporting clay Nitros I bought. 1 1/8 oz shot,1300 fps,,and in FINE print"exceeds a.t.a. velocity limit".. Guess I should of read it before I bought it,especially the fine print.

Thanks for replys,I'll have to be more careful when I buy.Thank goodness I just picked up 1 box to see how they were.Actually,I want to reload them also.They'll be legal then,,LMAO

Doug H.

5. gspointer

gspointer TS Member

I shoot the 1 1/8 1235 fps nitros from 24 yrds and back and think they work fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.