1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remington nitro hdcp (reload)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rob111, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob111

rob111 Member

I know this has been covered before , but I cant find it.. what recipe to duplacate STS Nitro HDCP . respectfully . Rob Mize

2. WindyOneNW

WindyOneNW TS Member

21.1 Grains Green Dot / Figure 8 / Versalite / WAA12 / Fed 209A, 55lbs wad pressure. 1.125 oz. Shot. This is one of the closest duplicating loads I can find. This is a great load and easy on the hulls so you get more reloads out of them.

3. porky

porky TS Member

Remington STS or Nitro Hull, TGT12 wad or equivalent, Remington primer, 18.3 grains of Titegroup.

4. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

Git-ER-done has a good replacement load. That is close to what I reload for HDCP. STS/Nitro hull TGT 12 wad Rem primer w/18 grains of tightgroup a little goes a long way!!

Jason in PA

5. bigben

bigben Active Member

The ORIGINAL nitro 27's contained 21.5 grain of Clays International, all Rem. components, primers and figure 8 wads I was fortunate enough to be among the prototype testers, the second generation nitro 27's have 18.5 grains of Tight group powder and Rem. primers and TGT-12 wads, as the Tight Group powder is very dense, all factory ammo will read 30 to 35 ft. per second faster over our chronos than the OEM testing which reads the pellet mass not the lead pellet, if you reload and want to duplicate, keep this in mind. incinerate em!

6. lou99

lou99 TS Member

Rob talk to danwishman at middletown he loads tite-group. luther

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

This is living in my archives:<blockquote><I>"To duplicate the Nitro 27 shell use the following recipe:<ul><li>Remington hull<li>18.0 grains of Hodgdon's TiteGroup powder<li>Remington TGT-12 wad<li>1 1/8 oz of shot<li>Remington 209 primer</UL>

I believe the pressure is 10,200psi and measured 1235 FPS through a Ohler chono out of a 30" barrel with an IM choke. My deviation was 10fps out of 10 shells. This same shell chono's the same out of a 34" barrel."</I></blockquote>

There was no mention of a pressure value.

The posting was signed by "ec90t".

MK

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I use Green Dot powder and it is too bulky for the TGT12 wad but works fine with a Figure 8 wad or equivalent.

9. eyegoods

eyegoods TS Member

10. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

1 oz....Remington wad.....17.5 e3...Remington primer

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Unknown1 has it.

18 grains of Titegroup with the listed components.

bigben is right with the history (although Remington no longer buys the powder from Hodgdon, what they use is essentially identical to Titegroup.)

But I think his 18.5 with Titegroup gives you 1255 fps, and 18 grains gives you 1235 according to Hodgdon's data tables.

12. rob111

rob111 Member

Thanks for all the good info, looking for tgt wads now. Respectfully ,Rob Mize

13. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Rob, Downrange has a great clone of the TGT. Or you can buy the real thing. This is a great load for Handicap.

Jimmy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington nitro reload spec

what is a remington hdcp load

what is the proper wag presure on a remington tgts wad