1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

\\\\\\ Remington Model 32 Question //////

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skip, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip

skip Member

Anyone know what Krieghoff barrels would fit a Remington model 32?

I.E. would a Krieghoff model 32 barrel fit a Remington model 32?

Thanks

2. magic

magic Member

Skip,

The difference between the Krieghoff 32 and Remington 32 is the size of the hinge pins. The Kguns pins are larger. Now some remington 32s have these larger pins as they were upgraded....in fact the two Remington 32s I have both have the larger pins. I beleive this was done by Krieghoff or by gunsmiths later down the line. I don't beleive Remington did this but I dunno. Once I was told that none of the Remington receivers came from the factory that way. You can send your reciever to Krieghoff International in Ottsville or to Norbert at RK Shooting in San Antonio and they can update this for you. Then any Krieghoff Barrel will fit on the gun. Hope that wasn't tooo confusing....

JASON

3. johnpe

johnpe Member

Several years ago, I tried swapping the barrels from a new K-80 to one of my M32 Remingtons. The swap was effortless and I could shoot the K80 barrels on the M32 as long as I used the K-80 forearm.

Johnpe

4. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

I have shot k-80 and k-32 barrels on my model 32 remington. Only difference is the k-80 and k-32 middle barrel hanger is thicker. You either need to remove wood from the rem model 32 forend or use a k-32 or k-80 forend. I used to swap barrels as a kid(1960's) with my dads rem model 32's and Krieghoff 32 san remo that he had bought new in 1959. The Hinge pins maybe be a problem if they have been changed due to wear. Todd

BTW: Gene knows a lot more about these guns. Maybe he will see this thread.

5. skip

skip Member

Great answers all around.

One of the guy's wanted to see if my K80 barrels would fit on his Remington model 32.

Didn't want to try until I was more informed about the fit.

Thanks for all the information

6. joe scout

joe scout Member

I have a set of m-32 barrels for sale 28" skeet and 30" with Brileys choke tubes. If anyone is interested.

Joe

7. magic

magic Member

Joe,

you have mail

JASON

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

You never know is the answer but in general it does work-

I have a set of remington barrels that fit onto my K80 but had to have about 1/8 removed from the breach to do that and then chamber recut

I also have Krieghoff barrels that will fit that engraved remington- you never know-

what was said about the hinge pins is correct- there were small and large-- also those remington recievers did not have the close tolerances the later krieghoff ones have

dont know if this helped or not but if you are going to invest money- you might want to consider it might or might not work

Gene

9. johnpe

johnpe Member

GN7777777,

FYI. I've found the Remingtons to quite good as regards their tolerances. I have four of them and five sets of barrels. The barrels will all interchange on the four actions, but a couple of the combinations are a little too snug (wide). Serial numbers range from something under 2000 to about half way between 5000 and 6000.

Johnpe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

hunge pins remington model 32

remington model 32 trapsgooters

will kreighogg model 31 stocks fit rem 32