1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Model 31TC Again

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JohnR, Dec 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Funny how things seem to run in pairs. After picking up the 31TC I posted a week ago I was out to the club talking to a member about it and he stated he had one for sale. He brought it to the club Sunday and, well, I got another one.

This one is a 1948 in very good condition, better than the first one, 95% blue, very few marks in wood,sharp checkering, beautiful feather crotch walnut, White Line recoil pad that is hard as a rock. Gun is still pretty tight, does not seem to have had a lot of use.

While I still have not found one as nice as Stu's or Esetter's I'm getting closer.

JohnR

johnr_2008_300871.jpg

johnr_2008_300872.jpg

johnr_2008_300873.jpg

johnr_2008_300874.jpg

johnr_2008_300875.jpg

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Over the years I've owned quite a few of these but none as nice as yours. Good luck with it.

Ed Yanchok

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

The 31 is a dream to shoot, i often wish that I kept the one I had . But I'll find another some time.

4. esetter

esetter Active Member

That is a pretty one, in nice condition. You will love shooting it.

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Be careful about replacing that hard pad. Collectors have some information that the Mershon White Line pad was factory equipment on some postwar Model 31 Traps. The 31 TC in the Remington museum is equipped with a Mershon pad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.