1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Model 31 Bolt removal;

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by twoatlow8, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

Any one know how to remove the Bolt from a Model 31? I can remove the trigger group and shell latches but the bolt is a puzzle. I can get the slide disconnected from the forend and push the forend all the way forward. But can not get the slide out.
    Thanks, Scott

2. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Scott, it's been awhile since I had mine out, but the bolt and the bolt carrier come out the same milled out area that the trigger housing balls come out. As I recall the bolt won't come out the front of the receiver because of the headspace ring.

Buz

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

It is tricky...hope you are a very patient person...might be best to have Remington send you a copy of the instruction sheet...they mailed one to me. The fit of the bolt and internal parts is very tight/delicate...no need to force anything, when they line up, everything comes out and goes back in easily. Regards, Ed

4. uplate

uplate TS Member

With gun upside down; hold slide up and move bolt fully forward. Swing carrier against bolt. Move slide until forward end is 1/8" forward of trigger plate lug slots in receiver.Tip up right side of slide and swing slide out sideways
    from receiver.Press ejector fully into it's slot and lift out bolt.

5. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

Got it... Thanks all!

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

it is one of the trickiest chores on a gun I ever encountered but I finally learned it LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 31 bolt remove

remove bolt remington 31