1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Model 11E

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by traedawg, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

Hey a friend of mine has a Remington Model 11E in pretty good condition... Any idea what the value of these are? Thanks

2. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

traedawg,

I am a collector of Remington 11's.

If he is interested in selling please have him get in touch with me.

The gun is like all others in that original condition is the key driving factor of value.

Thanks,
    Will Gurton williamgurton(at)hotmail.com

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Will,

What would be the value of this gun in very good, original condition?

You being a collector should be pretty accurate on the value. Jon

4. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

The value can be from $400 to $4000 depending on the originality and condition. Choke devices, recoil pads, metal refinishing, bad wood, are fatal flaws, but losses of blue are not neccesarily fatal. The "E" is even scarcer than the higher grade "F", but still sells for less money. I also collect engraved Remingtons and would be interested in purchasing this gun. I am in Maryland if you would like me to look at your gun. Email or post pictures.

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Traedawg, it only takes two to make an auction, you may be there already.

Good luck, Bob

6. Robb

Robb Member

I have Model11 20ga. that is rough. Complete no cracks or
    breaks just rusted. Family gun. Restore or just clean and shoot?

7. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

Bill pretty much summarized the ins and outs of the value question.

He is right in that even though all these engraved Remingtons are relatively scarce they really do not command a premium unless, like early Pigeon and Black Diamond Model 12's, they are in very high original condition without any restoration.

There were a lot of Remington Model 11 parts available to "Fix" mishaps, so you have to have some knowledge of the time frame in which the gun was built and if all the parts match up chronologically.

The most oftenly mismatched components are of course like the A5 forearms, buttplates, and vintage bolts being replaced with newer ones due to wear.

Stl Flyn,

I am an old baseball card man and VG reads 70% to me. Depending on the production date the value could swing pretty good.

These guns are not as often counterfieted but you do see some attempts, particularly with barrels that are newer more desireable lengths and without a poly/cutts/lyman/powerpac/etc. So beware if the barrel has a date code that seems later than the vintage of the serial number.

If you need help identifying DOM or have any other questions send me photos and I will try to help.

Will

8. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

Robb,

Unless you remember the "Family Gun" when it looked like new I would stay away from a total restore.

Just not the same memories afterwards.

Rust can be handled in a number of ways, you might get some good tips if you ask on Shotgun World's gunsmithing and restoration forum.

Will

9. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

fowlgunner_2008_030342.jpg

1910 Remington Autoloading Shotgun No.5 (Expert)

10. Robb

Robb Member

Will, Thanks. Gun does have memories. Belonged to uncle and aunt left in barn for who knows how long. As a kid I stomped for him for ringnecks using the gun.

Not for sale just curious on thoughts. Thanks again. Robb Harper

11. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

Thanks for the info ill see what he thinks its worth!

12. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

13. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

Whats it worth any one know??

14. Robb

Robb Member

I just sent my 20ga to Wrights and talking with them we put mine in the 350-400 range. I'll know more once they see it. Yours is better than mine but mine is not an E.

15. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

Traedawg,

I am sorry to let you know that the gun posted in the photos is not an 11E.

The barrel code dates it to 1941 and the serial number should be in that range also.

It is actually from what I can see an 11A, however I can not see the end of the forearm, it may be a sportsman also.

It looks like the magazine retension screw is missing.

With the plain barrel, I see alot of them sit in the $250-$300 range.

Thanks for sharing,

Will

16. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5atPYaxX0lM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5atPYaxX0lM?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

17. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

I called remington and they dated it to 1939 and said with the engraving it has it is an 11E so I was going by what they told me. It does say sportsmen on the bolt.

18. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

Response number 1 from Remington with my question below;

Thank you for visiting Remington Country! We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write in with your question. According to the serial number provided, your Model 11 was manufactured in 1939. We are unable to determine the grade of the firearm without seeing a picture of the engraving. Also we do not appraise firearms if you would like to know the value you can look in the blue book of gun values.

Customer By Email () 11/18/2011 09:41 AM

To whom it may concern,

I have a Remington Model 11 12 guage Shot gun Serial # 445723.

Can you date this and give a specific model as to whether it is a model B special or a model E expert as it is engraved.

Curious as to the value of this gun in fair to good condition for its age.

Response from Remington to question Number 2;

Subject
    Remington Model 11

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email (John) 11/21/2011 08:10 AM
    Thank you for visiting Remington Country! We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write in with your question. That is the Grade E model 11.

Customer By Email () 11/18/2011 03:10 PM

It is engraved with a Duck on one side and a Phesant on the other. Very little grass and Cattail effect along with the wildlife. Thanks so much for all of your help and very quick response.

19. Frizz

Frizz Member

What does grntitan's reply have to do with the thread ?

George

20. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Remington is not the place to get provenance on older collector guns. Your gun is not an E Grade, nor is it engraved. It is roll stamped and is a standard grade 3 shot Model 11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 11 e

remington model 11e

remington model 11e expert