1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Model 11,Winchester Model 12 help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ouch, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouch

ouch Member

A co-worker brought a Remington model 11,16ga.semi-automatic And a Winchester model 12 ,12ga. to me asking for help.

These have been in his family for a very long time. The owner is not a hunter or trapshooter (yet) but likes to shoot ground thrower birds at my farm. He is very mechanical,But never even tried to field strip and clean either of these guns.

The grease has solidified on both of them, The Remington operates in slow motion,And the model 12 is like pumping a shock absorber. I'd like to find a web-site like the one I posted above that he could print for future reference the complete tear down and / or field strip procedure for each gun. I will help him get these cleaned up,But I could use a good reference also! Thank you in advance ! Richard

2. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Richard,

I have both a model 11 and a A5 and the depending on the year it was built the only big difference is the magazine shut off on the A5 and the link above is a field service manual for the A5. they had the model 11 but that part of the site is under construction of course.lol This site also has the Winchester model 12 break down for you, I hope this helps.

thanks
    lee

3. ouch

ouch Member

Lee,That's exactly what I was looking for. Any others? Thanks, Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.