1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Mod 10 Trap Grade

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Force Break, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Just looked at a Mod 10 Remington Trap grade ser# U61245 metal un touched and in good condition, was wondering if anyone can tell me the appx year of mfg?
    Thank you in advance.

2. Shawn

Shawn Member

3. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

They were quite a gun.

My first Skeet gun was a Model 10 S/N U 55640

On my gun the two letters on the left side of the BBL are RP, which shows a manufacturer date of November 1923. Barrel has same S/N as receiver so I am confident in this date.

Thanks to the original poster for making me think about this. I didn't mean to sabatage his thread but found it interesting.

This was my Uncle's (by marriage) father's up in NY State. Although well in the patina stage now, it sits beside my fireplace today.

Dave in SC

4. lostandout

lostandout Member

i took mine apart once that will be the last time. seemed way hard to put back together

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

A nightmare without an owner's manual, about ninety percent of a nightmare with the manual.

6. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

Thank you for all the responses, I will get to shoot it Sunday. It does seem to be built like a tank. The friend that bought the gun is a "collector" of everything and I am happy that he shares his new finds.

7. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

ForceBreak,

DOM is more likely 1910 or 1911.

Find out what the barrel address has for a company name and if it is marked with a UMC in a circle on the lower tang and Remington roll stamped on the upper tang.

This with tell us which one.

Will

8. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I had one still like the old gun quality.

9. lostandout

lostandout Member

this post got my thinking that i had one in the safe ive never shot so i pulled it out and shot it today its a work out to load but heavy so thare wasent much recoil smokes targets

brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 10 trap grade

remington model 10 trap grade