1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Mkt Share, STS v. Gun Clubs?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrskeet410, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I like loading STS, but Gun clubs produce a real good reload too. From the look of the shells on the ground at my clubs it seems like Gun Clubs are vastly outselling STS. Of course the STS users aren't leaving them on the ground, but I see few saving empties. Those that do seem to be doing to help the club since many just save them until they get to the trash can.

I wonder what the unit break-down of Remington taget ammo sales are GC v. STS. The differnce in revenue will be less. And Remington probably still make more profit on STS....maybe.

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I'm surprised Remington doesn't come out with a new less reloadable Gun Club. What's the harm to Remington? The guys that buy them because they reload so well would do what? Buy STS? And they guys that really like loading them never buy them anyway; they just pick-up all the free empties other guys leave at their club.

And the guys that shoot 'em and toss 'em would care less.

Only thing I can figure is that Remington can load GCs on existing equipement, and to change them would require a capital investment in new equipment. That won't happen.

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Don't give them any ideas. Remington is doing just fine.

4. fish and teach

fish and teach TS Member

why would Remington do that when Winchester already does such a great job of it. I've always wondered why, when I'm sorting hull from the local gun club, I get three types of Rem (STS, GC with silver base, and Sure shots with brass colored base) and 10 types of Win hulls???

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

The percentage of Gun Clubs, Game Loads and Sport Loads that I reload is minimal but they do reload fine. Actually better than fine. I have a few guys give me some. I reload them for the most part for when I'm using an autoloader for sporting and don't care about chasing around spent hulls. I think Remington plastic holds up real well and I have multiple reloads on some of them.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

AA hulls have never loaded as well as STS on my MEC 9000H. I asked the MEC rep about this at the State shoot, and he said the AA hulls are not consistant in length and that causes some problems. He also said that any steel rim hull like Gunclub, Top Gun, etc is much harder on your loader. The various grades of steel do not re-size as well.

7. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

It has to be 70% Rems on the market now, with so many people throwing AA's and not coming back.

8. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

Winchester needs to read this forum after 38 years I am going to Remington hulls.
    Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.