1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington M 591 M

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Woods, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Anyone buying any Rem. 5.mm Mag Ammo Lately.Have seen it advertised at Midway.

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Joe, I am into the Remington 591 and 592 5mm. I assume that you are talking about the new Centurion rounds. They are about $20 a box of 50 at my LGS. The older original Remington 5mm goes for about $50-$75 a box around here. The new ammo has brought down the price of the old stuff in my opinion at gun shows. I have several rifles and enjoy them very much. I bought a 592 at Jaquas to hunt with and don't enjoy the tube feed as well at the 591 mag feed. They were ahead of their time with the round. It always amazes me that the 17 hmr took off and the 5mm didn't.
    Doug Allison

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Doug, years ago, some of the rag writers called the Rem 5mm round a poachers dream giving the round/rifle a bad vibe. It got off to a bad start and went downhill fast. It's a potent little round and deserved better marketing. I don't think Rem cared much one way or other at the time?

I have 497 loose rounds in vacuum sealed packs I might sell since I don't have the 591, traded it off years ago.

Hap

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Hap, u have a PM.

If anyone has a clip version for sale, I would be interested.

Doug, I haive stated the same many times.

5. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Hi All, Looking for Centurion Ammo I think.

Any Suggestions. Appreciate any info !!
    All the Best .

Joe Woods/Ontario

6. WCW4269

WCW4269 Member

Joe, Midway has it on sale this month for 15.99 a box for 30 gr. bullets.
    The old Remington ammo was 38 gr. H.P. I've shot the Centurion's and they shoot fine. Regards, Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.