1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington lite handicap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by John Browning, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

I have been shooting Remington lite handicap loads,(1200 fps) and would like to get close or duplicate this load. I saw some where that Remington uses red dot or something like it,I think I would like to use green dot.
    Thanks John

2. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

JOHN I use Titegroup this powder is used for the Nitro 27 gold hull loads from Remington I shoot only Lite 8.0 shot 1145 FPS STS or Lite 7.5 shot 1145 FPS STS I have great success with these loads they break targets as far back as 30 yds or more I have used them in annie oakley shoots and done very well. The load I am loading is 16.2 grains Titegroup
    Remington 209 primer , Remington Target 12 green wad and Remington HUll almost all the time 7.5 shot warm weather 8.0 shot. I am very confident in this load it works. Now you can use the lite handicap load but I'll be honest the recoil will get you after a while it works on the mind you don't need to take that if you don't have to . PAT

3. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

Pat, I have been using titegroup,I tried 17 or 17.5 grains and a win primer. I have been shooting the nitro 27 in 8,in registered shoots, with limited results, thinking the recoil was getting to me, I switched to lites and really saw good results.
    I feel that the lites in 7.5 really throw a tight pattern in my gun and have heard green dot gives a tighter pattern. Thanks John

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have used good old Green Dot for over 40 years. It gives tight patterns and soft recoil. Alliant has an online reloaders guide.

5. Squeal

Squeal Member

Does the Remington Target 12 green wad work with 1 1/8oz loads?

6. locdoc

locdoc Member

Yes. Especially when using a dense powder such as TiteGroup.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.