Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington Ilion Tours?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  skeet_man 
#1 ·
I have a unusual planned weekday off (all classes canceled on monday), and would finally like to be able to take the short trip (about a 2.5 hr ride for me) to Ilion and take the tour. Does anyone know what their hours are, or if they even offer tours anymore? Any info or contacts would be appreciated.

#3 ·
According to their site, it is only open from Memorial Day to Labour Day, as per this copy;

Question

I would like to visit the Ilion plant and see the Custom Shop.

Answer

Our factory tours are handled through the Museum. The Custom Shop does not offer tours. You may want to contact our Museum directly to find out if they will be opened or closed for certain holidays.

Remington Plant and Museum
14 Hoefler Ave.
Ilion, NY 13357
TEL: 1-315-895-3200

Hours of operation are as follows:

Ilion Museum:
Open daily 8-4 Monday thru Friday.
The Museum is closed Thanksgiving and Christmas, and Remington recognized company holidays.

Ilion Facility Tours:
Open Memorial Day to Labor Day with tours at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm Monday thru Friday. Call before planning to be sure they are open.

Large groups may be accommodated, but must call (315) 895-3200 for information and reservations.

There is no charge for the Museum or the Plant Tour.

#5 ·
I did I this summer and it was great. Over one hour, you get to see some cool stuff and the custom shop. Some very old, some very new. Glad I did it because I think manufacturing in America is on the way out…………..

Jon

p.s. Call them to see when the tours are this time of year!

#6 ·
I went on the tour in 1995, it was an great experience.

There is info on the Remington site, just well hidden (long address);

http://remington.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/remington.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=8WBWHgPi&p_lva=&p_li=&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_page=1&p_cv=&p_pv=&p_prods=0&p_cats=&p_hidden_prods=&prod_lvl1=0&p_search_text=tours&p_new_search=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.