1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington hulls

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by threedeuces, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Yes!

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Verify that there are 8 folds in the crimp rather than 6 if you normally reload 8-fold crimps.

MK

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

In my Hornady 366, even the 6-point crimp hulls crimp OK with the 8-point pre-crimp die.

Not perfect, but good enough.

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I switched the crimp starter in my P-W from the 6-point/8-point style to the smooth cone for paper hulls. I think it makes nicer crimps because it gathers a little more plastic into the center and I don't have to count the folds in the hulls I'm gathering.

MK

5. locdoc

locdoc Member

Unknown1 and Ross have the answer.

Franktri,

The hulls you mention all have the same internal specs and will accept the same load.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

6. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I think I said "YES" in the second post. I guess it makes people feel important when they have to repeat everyone.

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Just be careful to weed out any "UMC" hulls made by UEE. They are usually not worth reloading and are different than the standard Remington hulls. They were usually sold in 20 packs.

8. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Some of those darn black Remington hulls can be loaded 15 or 20 times, and you will get tired of seeing them again and again, but for some strange reason they will load more times than any other colored Remington hull I have found; and I just cannot justify throwing away a hull just because you are tired of it. I have no idea why the black hull reloads more times that the green or gold, but it will! the beav

9. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I agree with the dr.beav, I do not reload and shoot just the steel base hulls. The black 8 point Game Loads hold up real well for reloading. The majority of my reloads are brass bases but what I do like about the Remington hulls is a few of the color variations. I use the colors to identify shell types. 16 yd. Trap = red, Hdcp. = silver, Skeet = green, Sptg./5-stand = black&gold. Works for me. I'm tossing long before I get to 12-15 reloads but believe some can be done that many times.

10. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Are they called "Game Loads"? Who sells them? How do prices compare?

11. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Seriously, the black ones are also called "Remington Game Loads" The majority of the ones given to me are 8 point. I've seen these Game Loads everywhere. DICK'S, Wally World, K-Mart, they are everywhere. More of a promotional load compared to a Long Range Express. Usually a 1 oz. load.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.