1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???Remington HD on pheasants ????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by goosedowner, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goosedowner

goosedowner Member

I'm headed to South Dakota the end of this month for a week of pheasant hunting and I was thinking about picking up some HD for my 20 gage but I haven't had a chance to try any yet, have any of you guys hunted with it? Last time I was out I used hevi-shot in my 20 with great success and wanted to know how HD stacked up against it. What size shot are yo using?

Thanks
    Lee

2. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Lee, I'm headed there too, but into November. You should buy your HD's soon, as Remington is offering rebates, but only for a short time. Mack Prairie Wings has some details on their website, as do others on rebates for a limited time. I am shooting Kent Tungsten Matrix. Unfortunately no rebates on this expensive stuff, but sure does the job. 20 gauge # 5 shot.......works like magic. Good luck on your hunt and be safe..........Rob G.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I'll be heading east too opening week-end and second. We have a large farming operation (10,000 acres) and some of the best there is, so all the birds are wild. They tell us the birds are ever as many as there were last year. Last year, it was tougher because the ground was too wet to combine, so not much was stripped out. Better this year.

The second week-end the birds will be more skiddish.

Opening week-end we mostly shoot 1 3/8 #4. You hit one with #4 and they go down. We shoot lead only.

Second week-end we'll shot Remington Nitro Mag #4 exclusively.

I'm talking about wild birds, not raised birds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.