1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Gun Clubs with Brass Base

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skip, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip

skip Member

Used four boxes of older Remington Gun Clubs last weekend and had four (4) miss fires. This was the first time ever using Gun Clubs of this variety. (Brass Base)

Never had a misfire in any gun with any other shell till now with Remington Gun Clubs with the brass base.

Krieghoff model 32

Just wondering if this is cause for alarm. Shot another 100 rounds of reloads the next day with no missfires.

2. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Remington stopped making this type about 3 or 4 years ago. If you will put a magnet to them, I think you will find that they are only brass colored.

3. SR1

SR1 TS Member

Pull the trigger harder:)

4. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Skip, box up the misfires with the end caps from the shell boxes where the lot number is stamped, and send them to Remington in Arkansas. That's where their ammo factory is. They will send you a check for the misfired ammo, and advise you of their findings. I had a single misfire, sent the shell to them, and they sent me a check for $9.00 to cover the cost of the shells, and postage to them.

My refund came to me less than ten days after I mailed the defective shells.

Best,
    Dennis

5. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

I had several remington sport loads that did the same thing, out of a flat I had almost a full box that didnt fire. If you look at the primers they are flat, compared to most which have a crown to them. I had trouble with them sticking in the chamber also. I thought they were aluminum but they are steel with an aluminum colored coating on them. Needless to say I wont buy any more.

6. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Several - okay, many - years ago, I had my one and only (so far) misfire with a Remington component - a Premier hull I had reloaded with a Remington primer. I got a "click" and a nice firing pin mark but no "bang." This happened on a practice trap at the Grand, so I gave the shell to a rep in the Remington building just in case they wanted to look into the failure. The rep seemed very interested, which I appreciated, but I walked out not expecting to hear anything about it.

Two weeks after the Grand concluded, I received a box containing a Remington hat, t-shirt and a certificate for 100 primers along with a letter explaining that the primer's anvil was cocked and therefore was not impacted when the cup was struck by the firing pin.

I was impressed and obviously remain so.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.