1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Gun Clubs VS Remington Game Loads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by DoubleAuto, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Anyone know the antimony percent in these two Remington Shotshells?

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

no but the hull reloads the same

Gene

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

No, but I prefer the game loads.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

There should be little or no difference. Hulls are about the same and so are the rest of the components in similar loadings.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

game loads 1oz 1290 fps 6 7.5 8 shot size
    gun clubs 1 1/8 1200 fps 7.5 8 . As far as shot goes, couldnt tell you magnum from chilled.

6. DoubleAuto

I have always used trap loads while dove hunting. With the increase in shell costs, I am looking for a cheaper alternative. I can get the Gun Clubs and the Game Loads both for about $4.00 per box. I may just go with the better Remington trap loads anyway. They are only running about $5.48 per box and they pattern so good out of my Browning Lightning Feather. Any of them will kill doves.

7. joshif

joshif TS Member

The game loads come in 6's. I shoot them in unlimited type shoots.Probably 3% antimony which is all you need from the concrete.Worried about it? Shoot a tighter choke.Simple enough.

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I just like the game loads better? Maybe becouse when I go to buy gun clubs on sale they never have them, so I got the game loads.

9. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

Seems like every other week Dick's has the 1 oz game loads for $3.28 a box in flats. Because they only have 20 shells to a box, you need to buy two extra boxes to make up a real flat. Dick's rewards program gets you a 10.00 off coupon for every 300.00 you spend and they send an additional 10.00 off coupon whenever the spirit moves them. That provides some decent prices on a Shell that at 1290 is a great 1oz shell that has patterned very well for me.

Ted

10. DoubleAuto

The best price that I have seen on Game Loads this year is $35.80 per flat in the 25/box at a Wal-Mart in Alabama. They are $41.40 a flat in southeast Tennessee.

11. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

"Seems like every other week Dick's has the 1 oz game loads for $3.28 a box in flats."

Last week the local Dicks in Conshohocken PA had the universal loads that come 20 to a box on sale at that $3.28/ box price, so they wind up costing $4.10 for 25 shells, a little more than the Game Loads that Dick's has on sale this week for $3.99/ box if you buy 10 boxes (they never have unopened flats anymore, so I have to take my own empty cardboard flat boxes in the store with me). If Wally's in PA sold Game Loads for $35.80 a flat, I'd buy all they had (they sell for $4.19/ box here)

I shot practice yesterday with the 7-1/2 shot Game Loads, and the more I shoot with these, the better I like them.

I can also get the 1 oz. 3 dram #SS12H1 Estates in 7-1/2 or 8 shot locally for $4.49, which I don't usually mind paying since the gunshop is close by. These and the Game Loads are my favorite cheap practice shells - JoeBerg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington game club load
remington game loads antimony

remington game loads vs gun club

remington gun club for doves