1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

REMINGTON GUN CLUB SHELLS?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by KEYBEAR, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

A question for any one shooting Rem Gun Clubs shells are you having misfires ? If so how many per 100 .

I have had very little trouble with new shells untill this Sunday .

I opend a new flat of 2 3/4 - 8,s and went to the first trap feeling good .

I had seven failure to fire shells (7) out of 100 shells . The Primers did not show much of a dent and when tryed again later did not fire . The shells that did fire had good dents in the primers .

The gun a Silver Seitz is in good condition clean and working well . I did shoot 100 reloads on handicap later and no problem .

I have a bunch of Gun Club shells and am not looking forward to shooting them if this is the norm??

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I'd be interested in knowing what Remington would have to say about this matter. I have not shot any new Gun Clubs in years.

ss

3. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Gun Clubs seem to have this problem nationwide. I guess it is hard primers, but I have not heard Remington's take on it. Has anyone complained to Remington and gotten an answer?

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I guess I should add A gentelman shooting on my squad had the same problem and was shooting a new MX-2005 . (he only had 2)

I have shot some Rem Gun Clubs not a lot but maybe 10 or 15 flats over the years and never had this problem .

I do know it did not help my score .

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Our high school trap squad shot them last year with not problems all season. Why wouldn't the primer have dented in the few? I wouldn't think the metal could be so tough as to resist the firing pin.

6. kolar1

kolar1 TS Member

YES ALF I TOO HAVE A SEITZ AND HAD A COUPLE OF GUN CLUBS DO THIS IT DENTS THE PRIMER BUT DOES NOT GO OFF.

7. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

Several with my Kolar. Dents but no go. Others tried to fire the same shell, after the dent in the primer, still no go!

8. hot springs

hot springs TS Member

I have shot thousands over the last couple of years. I've only had 1 dented primer that didn't go off. I've got a delivery of a new pallet load coming this week. I hope this isn't going to increase to epidemic proportions. I shoot a P gun.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have shot Gun Clubs, Estates, and the Wally World Federal promo's for years and have had two Federal promo shells that would not fire ... I have shot them in Model 12's, Perazzi MX-2000, TM-1, TMX, and never had a real issue other than those 2 that didn't fire, now Rio's are another story ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yes serious problems with a mx15. Same problem. Mine seemed to be mostly with the older stock with the brass colored heads.

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

My 3200's don't like them especially in the lower barrel. Our SCTP kids have been shooting them exclusively this year and I've seen only one that didn't cook off.

WalMart Feds give me trouble too in the 3200's.

Guy Babin

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I've had a few that showed ever so slight dents also! I threw away the boxes with the lot number vowing not to shoot any more of those!

Alf, post the lot numbers on your's and maybe the problem may be it's just certain lot numbers that are affected?? That is, if others would post their lot numbers for a comparison?

Hap

13. number five man

number five man TS Member

A couple weeks ago, I had two that didn't fire in my Ber 391. They did fire on the second try. When I got home I changed the firing pin and firing pin return spring. I have shot about five hundred since then, with no problem.I also changed the hammer spring.

14. powderburn

powderburn Member

Maybe expensive firing pins don't like cheap shells.............

15. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Beretta 682 E here. I shoot Remington Gun Clubs and the Walmart Federals most of the time, and have not had a failure to fire on either of these products. I just opened a fresh box of Gun clubs Thursday, with no problems. I have heard of people having problems, but they all go off in my gun.

16. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

They reload fine, but I've had too many FTF's with them as new, so I don't buy them anymore. Experienced trouble in several shotguns, so I doubt it's the guns, since they fire everything else just fine.

17. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I was at the range a week or so ago, and a young fellow was shooting his brand new Franchi I-12, and it simply would not fire Gun Club shells.

He went back to his car and got a box of Winchester Universals, and it shot them just fine.

I thought it was a problem with the gun, but maybe its the shells after all.

18. phirel

phirel TS Member

They seem to shoot fine in many guns. I have only tried a few boxes and I seem to have about one no fire per box. It is probably due to my gun and not the shells. My gun shoots premium shell and my reloads fine. The only discount shell that does not seem to give me no fires is Estates.

Pat Ireland

19. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I think the Gun Club shells use the same primer as the STS shells. They look the same and Gun Club box says STS primer compound. Or at least it did, haven't bought any in a year or so.

20. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

I have had it happen sporadically....just this last weekend I had a fail to fire GC that, when taken out, spun about a bit, and loaded again fired fine the second time.

I have been shooting 20 ga GC's since they first came out....they were fine, then they had a lot of fail to fires, now they seem fine again.

I understand, but cannot confirm, that Rem went back to using the same 209 primer that they use in STS because of problems and complaints with foreign primers with hard cups that they used for a while.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington gun club shot shells

where to find lot number on remington gun club shot shells