1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Gun Club Hulls Many Qustions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brent375hh, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

I bought several flats of Remington Gun Club shells recently. They were all brass based, or perhaps they are really steel with some kind of brass plating.
    Then I bought some GC hulls recently and they were silver colored steel hulls.

Questions:

1. Are there two different kinds of Gun Club hulls?
    2. Are the brass oness really brass? If so, I can't tell the difference between them and the STS.

3. I have been told that by shooting enough steel hulled shells through my gun that it would develop a ring in the chamber from the harder steel, is this real or hogwash?

Thanks

2. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

Packman 13 gave me the lowdown. Thanks!

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I have used them since they came out. They have posed no problems in my 1100. bt-99 or XT browning. They are the most durable hull there is in my opinion.

4. dolphin62

dolphin62 Active Member

they reload great...I would rather reload them 3 times and toss them. I prefer them over my 4000 sts and nitro hulls.

Use them and have a lot of fun shooting

5. cementman

cementman Member

Would appreciate an answer to these Questions:

1. Are there two different kinds of Gun Club hulls? 2. Are the brass oness really brass?

Anyone ????

6. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

A magnet will attract steel, but not brass.

7. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

Packman 13 - could you send me, or post the lowdown? I would like to start reloading them. I think Carol made a post a while back about resizing them first.
    I am reloading on a PW and can see that they don't go into the dies very well. Is the MEC Super Sizer the one to get?

Thanx,
    Billy

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The brass colored Gun Clubs actually have steel bases. The only problem I have is the extra effort required for resizing them in my PW loader. I now load brass base hulls exclusively.

9. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear Brent375HH,
    The RGC shell bases are all steel, They are zinc electroplate with either a yellow chromate (brass color) or clear chromate conversion coating (look like a "steel color"). They possibly could also be one of the new phosphate environmentally friendly coatings. The purpose of this coating is keep corrosion (red rust) from appearing on the product until you, the customer opens the box. Long term exposure in hot storage & humidity will also cause corrosion blemish etc. One day on the ground and they will show the blemishes and corrosion.
    Respectfull submitted,
    Jet Boat Bill Life Member ATA

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You can run them through a Mec Case Condtioner first. This resizes and removes the old primer. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

difference between gun club and sts hulls