1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Game Loads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by School Teacher, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Are Remington Game Load hulls reloadable? Do they reload with the same recipes as for STS and Gun Clubs?

I picked up a couple a hundred nice and clean over the weekend and would like to reload them for one use only as a practice load.

I plan to use a TGT-12 wad, Remington 209P primer, 16.0 grains of E3 powder and 1 oz. of chilled size 8 shot. Per Alliant, this recipe yields 1150 FPS and 7970 PSI pressure.

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

They reload as good as the Gun Clubs. I purchased 400 from WalMart. (new shells). I am happy to say that I only have 3 boxes left to shoot. They kick like a horse!! (3 1/4 drams of powder just sucks) Ed

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The Game loads are reloadable using the STS data, since they are basically the same as the STS hull dimentions. There are some Remington "UMC" hulls out there that may not be the same. I believe they are packed 20 to a box and are not made by Remington. They would NOT be usuable with the same data as the Gun Clubs/STS/Nitros.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

For the heck of it, I put my 6 point crimp starter on my Mec 650 loaded up the few hundred black game load shells up. Crimped very good. I bought several flats of the gameload 1290fps 1oz shells on sale for 3.29 box/25.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

For the heck of it, I put my 6 point crimp starter on my Mec 650 loaded up the few hundred black game load shells up. Crimped very good. I bought several flats of the gameload 1290fps 1oz shells on sale for 3.29 box/25.

6. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information.

I have been using 1 ounce of chilled #8 shot in the Wal-Mart Federal hull (12S0 wad) and Remington Gun Club hull (TGT-12S wad) at 1150 fps with good results in practice. They shoot nice and soft in my 870 TC Trap and they break targets nicely.

For registered, I shoot the same load in an STS Hull with magnum # 8 shot.

7. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I have reloaded them with several different Downrange wads. I have shown them to shooters at the range and they have a hard time telling the new crimps from the reloads. I watch them a little closer at the loader but no problems in the last several thousand hulls. Omaha

8. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I think the 8 point Rem. black hulls load easier than the Gun Clubs and about as nice as the STS. I'll take all I can find.
    I get about 4 or 5 reloads out of them.

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

All of the 6 point crimp Rem hulls I have seen have been black. I have not come across any 8 point black hulls. Is there a significant difference in performance between the two?

10. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

This is what I get, 8 point crimp. I've seen some 6 point black hulls but not sure what Remington name they go under.
    <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

yup thats them. but mine are 6 point?? loaded fine.

12. shotshow

shotshow TS Member

the 6 point crimps are just called the remington all purpose loads. I have only seen them for sale at Dick's sporting goods, but they are a little cheaper even though they come in a pack of 20

13. ECWis

ECWis TS Member

I've purchased about 20 flats of 12 ga Rem Game Loads from Dicks over the last few months.

As far as Remington and Dicks are concerned, what I have purchased is identical, because the UPC codes on the flats and on the individual boxes have been identical.

They are all 12 gauge, 1 ounce of 8 shot, 1290fps. They all start out with a black plastic hull and zinc washed head.

Some are 6 point crimps, some are 8 point crimps. There is no rhyme nor reason as to which you receive.

Some of the flats are the normal bi-fold boxes, (2 long flaps on top of the box), others have a triangular tearaway shape in the top of the flat. You can get 6 or 8 point crimps in either box style.

Some have a primer where the body is silver colored, and the striking surface is brass colored. Others have the primer body colored copper, with the striking surface colored silver. You can get 6 or 8 point crimps with either primer style.

The only thing that is the same between all of them is the 25 round box they are packed in.

14. shotshow

shotshow TS Member

yep what he said. FPS, amount of lead, and shot size are all the same. The only difference is the 6 point crimp vs. 8 point crimp. Honestly they shoot the same but the 6 point crimps will probably only get one good load out of them while the 8 point you could push 2. I'm not impressed with the way the 6 point crimp ones load but for the price you can't beat it, plus at 2.98 a box it is cheaper to shot them than to reload.

15. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what is the difference in component quality/hull quality, etc. between Remington Game Loads, Special Purpose Loads (twenty to a box), Shurshot Shells and Gun Clubs? Specifically shot harness (% of antimony).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

recipe for reloading remington game loads

can you reload remington game load

can you reload remington game loades

loading remington game loads

reloading remington game load hulls

remington black game load hulls for sale

remington game load hull

remington game loads reloading