1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Game Loads?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 9point3, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Just Bought 2 flats of Rem Game Loads in the Black Hulls 1 oz of 8s at 1290fps with the 6 point crimp, anybody ever use these for 16s?

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

They will work, but don't expect a low recoil shell.

3. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I can't say that I've shot targets with them. I know guys who have and do. They don't have any complaints. I don't reload many steel based hulls but, those 6 pt. black Remmys reload great.

4. Sock Eating Golden

Sock Eating Golden TS Member

I tried these as a lower recoil round for my wife. It wasn't lower recoil but still smacks the clays just as hard, when I do my part.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Never used them for trap. Use them often for varmint blastin' in dense cover.

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Work fine for trap. I think they use softer shot than STS's and Nitros.

Not low recoil.

7. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

I have shot a bunch of these in the past and they are fine. Buy them to save money, not to save on recoil as others have said. I used to buy them by the case at the end of the year when Wal-Mart would mark them down. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened in a long time in my neck of the woods. As far as promotional loads go, they are one of the better ones for value and performance. The older ones used to use 8 point crimps. We can thank Remington for thinking of us reloaders again NOT.

8. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Those suckers are pretty high on recoil for a 1 oz. shell. They work fine for 16 yard shooting. To me they load better than the Gun Clubs. They do come with 8 point and some with 6 point crimps. Ed

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

benniesdad

Even the 6-pointers reload and crimp nicely in my 366 (with the 8-point crimp starter.)

10. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"...We can thank Remington for thinking of us reloaders again NOT."</i></blockquote>You can load 6-point and 8 point crimps identically and even do them mixed together. All you need to do is make one low-buck change and swap your 8 point crimp starter for a smooth cone paper hull starter. Have had a smooth cone starter in my loaders for years. MEC, P-W and Hornady all sell them...under $6; others I don't know.

MK

11. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

IMO, the ONE thing Remington has done right for the last 50 years is make shotshell hulls. I'll bend over to pick up a Remington promo hull....20, 16 or 12 gauge...and leave a shiny new AA on the ground.

12. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

The Black Hulls reload great!! Well I think six or eight times is good!

13. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

As unknown1 said a "cone starter" will make your life much simpler, also they & STSs last longer than anything else (for me). Also agree with Mike C. but I will pick them (AAs) up & when I get a few clay bird boxes full I sell them here on T.S. as there some that do reload them. My only wish is that they (GCs & black fields) had brass instead of steel heads, if shot new in my gun I don't need to resize them but the pick-ups are harder to resize than the brass. I have not yet had the sticking (in the chamber) problem that others report. IMO best hull on the market, sure hope Rem. doesn't have to cheapen them up to stay competitive with everything else out there. Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.