1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Fights Back

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jerbear, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2YFIwoZsWHk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2YFIwoZsWHk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Jerbear

2. dalog

dalog Member

Another glaring example of the corruption of our media.

There was a time when the press were on the front lines as the guardians of our Freedom, but now . . .

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Very Interesting.
    Thanks for posting it.
    Steve Balistreri

4. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Didn't see the report on tv, but just talked with a guy sighting in a new semi auto Remington... Think it was a 750 but not sure. This was a replacement gun shipped in by Remington. The original blew up on the guy. Evidently, the barrel twisted after a few shots, and the bolt finally didn't seal up. He fired it and the bolt blew out the side of the reciever. The clip blew out the bottom...

Remington told him to pick any gun they currently manufacture as a replacement. Without giving it much thought, he just asked for a replacement of the same thing. I think I would have investigated something a bit more exotic....

LWL

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I don't understand how the barrel can "twist" and the gun still fire.

By "twist", I'm assuming we're talking about unscrewing itself from the receiver.

How can it untwist when its forearm prevents rotation of the gas chamber ("barrel hanger")?

It would also have to rotate quite a bit before the breech cleared the locking lugs and extractor, allowing the bolt to move far enough forward for the hammer to strike the firing pin. The hammer cannot do this if the bolt is not fully at its home position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.