1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington, etc. for sale

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cazadore, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/12/18/cerberus-to-sell-gunmaker-freedom-group/

2. scoutmaster

scoutmaster Member

Who's going to buy the Freedom Group in the present invironment...the Chinese?

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

You would think that Cererbus is anticipating future gun laws to restrict sales,
    but maybe they just feel that the gun buying frenzy has run its course, and now
    is the time to unload these companies; or maybe they're anticipating poorer than
    expected 4th quarter earning report to cause a drop in the stock price.

You can be sure it's not because of sympathy.

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Soros will purchase it and close it down.

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Are you sure its the whole Freedom Group? I was under the impression its only the Bushmaster division

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

The above statement "Bushmaster, maker of the rifle used in the shooting at the school". Let's keep things straight. The "Bushmaster" was not used in the shootings at the school. The Police found it in the back seat of the car. Just for the record. Bulge.

7. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Barrelbulge:
    There has been a lot of bad reporting on this tragic event, some mistakes and some,IMO, just lies to meet a deadline or seem to have the 'scoop'.

One 'fact' is that the Bushmaster was in the trunk. My wife heard reports that the coroner's report states that the wounds were caused by the 223 caliber bullets. We've also heard that a 4th firearm, a rifle, was found in the trunk.

Gene

8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

When I watched it live they said the shooter had 2 handguns and an "assault style rifle" was found in the car" With evil people trying to collapse our country, and fools electing them, getting truth is going to be harder and harder.

9. schneep

schneep Member

An assult shotgun was found in the trunk, two handguns and an assult rifle were with the shooter in the school.

10. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I have read and heard so many incorrect stories I haven't a clue where things will end up on this matter. Seems media would rather be first than correct on stories.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.