1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Remington choke tube question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wlc, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlc

wlc Member

Has Remington always used the same choke tube configuration for standard 12 gauge barrels? I have an early choke tube 1100 skeet barrel that only has two slots in the tubes for installation, I've seen newer models that have four. The plastic containers that mine are in are marked Trulock.

Thanks
  2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

All the early Remington "skeet" barrels that I have seen have not had removable chokes. I'm thinking these are aftermarket chokes that were installed later. Usually not using the Remchoke thread pattern. A picture would be helpful. Does it look like this?
    oregunner_2008_03037.jpg
  3. mag410

mag410 Member

Remington Manufactured RemChokes have 4 slots. Trulock is an aftermarket choke manufacturer. I think early trulock chokes only had 2 slots. If your barrel is marked "Skeet" then it probably has had Colonial-type chokes installed.

Michael
  4. wlc

wlc Member

They look like this.

wlc_2008_030339.jpg
  5. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

That is not a Remchoke. Trulock makes a generic TruChoke that is used in aftermarket installations. To me, it looks like that is what you have.
  6. wlc

wlc Member

Thanks, I sent a pic to Trulock. I'll see what they say.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.