Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington Choke Restriction ??????'s

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SirMissalott 
#1 ·
Can some one tell me if the Classic Trap series of guns ( 1100, 870) have a different bore diameter. The chokes are Marked Singles, Mid Handicap, and long handicap. Does that mean the barrel is overbored or is this a marketing play on words. thanks for the help in advance. Jim W.

#2 ·
It is a marketing thing. Singles choke is a light full....mid-hdcp choke is a full...and long-hdcp will bust anything from the 50yrd line plus. The singles choke will crush anything off of the concrete. I tossed my rem chokes and bought a set of Briley...I really like the Briley tubes.

Forrest

#6 ·
Remington has made several different big bore barrels over the years. The best thing to do is run a bore gage down the barrel to be sure, I have several big bore Remington barrels 740 bore with 38 to 40 th choke. These are fixed choke barrels made in the 1980's mine are 870 1100 and 1187 barrels some also came with special choke tubes. Remington changed them and the big bore barrels were necked down to shoot their standard chokes so all their choke tubes are the same size. I was told they did this because they were afraid of the Liability of useing different size chokes and the possibilty of someone putting the wrong tube in a wrong barrel. I do believe the older big bore barrels with fixed chokes are the best they made. I have sought them out over the years and enjoy shooting them I call them my keepers
Buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.