1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington Barrel weight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nsrailroad, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

What's a good Remington barrel weight that goes on the mag tube? Also do these cause any problems to the mag tube?
    Railroad

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have a mag cap weight from Jim's Ear and Eye.

It is a good looking weight. It is 8 oz, $25 shipped. Jim's gets $38 plus shipping.

I bought a heavier weight of the same brand for my loaner trap gun.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Fill an empty 12 ga. hull with shot and crimp it and tape the end with duct tape and put it in the magazine tube in front of the spring. HMB

4. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Numrich (e-gunparts.com/) has factory Remington Magazine Cap Weights weighing 6.6 ounces for sale for $18.60 each. They have them for a number of Remington shotguns.

DoubleAuto

5. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

MAKE SURE YOU GET ONE THAT USES THE SAME CAP AS YOUR GUN REQUIRES. OLDER
    1100'S VAVE THE RETAINING RATCHET BALL ON THE FOREND. NEW ONES (ALA 1187)HAVE IT INTERNAL TO THE CAP AND MAG TUBE SPRING RETAINER. JIMS EYE AND EAR HAS BOTH AVAILABLE. YOU CAN ALSO BUY JUST THE WEIGHT AND DRILL A HOLE IN YOUR OWN CAP.

ANOTHER WAY TO GO IS ADD A MERCURY REDUCER INTO THE END OF THE MAGAZINE. ADDS WEIGHT AND ALSO CUTS RECOIL EVEN FURTHER.

6. B V

B V TS Member

Some of the earlier 870's had a recoil reducer/duck plug included with the gun. It was a piece of steel the shape of a shell but long enough to function as a duck plug. It went in the magazine tube ahead of the spring and had a screw that went in a hole in the magazine tube just back of the end to hold it in place.The one I have is very effective and invisible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

870 barrel weight