1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Remington Arms on the NBC news

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dphillips8191, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dphillips8191

dphillips8191 Member

I found the report on the NBC news very interesting about the Remington arms company. What the feeling of the readers on TS.com

Dave
  2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

3. timb99

timb99 Active Member

Admittedly, I did not see the NBC piece.

However, this excerpt from one of the links Brian posted tells me something.

"Yerger...leaned his shotgun...against the wheel well...tossed his gear into the back, the gun fell over and went off."

Did this kid take hunter education? If so, did he listen?

I have been teaching hunter education for many years. He violated several basic rules that we hammer and hammer and hammer in our classes.

1. Did not unload the gun.

2. Leaned the LOADED gun against an unstable vehicle.

3. Relied on the safety, which is a mechanical device. All mechanical devices fail, at some time or another.

So his family sued the gun manufacturer because, after all, it couldn't possibly have been his fault for violating basic firearms safety rules. Right?

Unload the friggin gun! This one, standard, all encompassing, hunter education safety rule would have prevented this problem. It would have made this a non-event.
  4. Don Steele

Don Steele Active Member

NBC "News"...????
    I'm not watching ANYTHING they produce, they are PROVEN LIARS who will create phoney results to their "tests", edit KEY portions of tapes to alter truth and push their extreme left-wing agenda. They should be in front of Congress explaining why they should be allowed to keep their broadcast license.
  5. 51mgb

51mgb TS Member

I did not see the NBC piece either. NBC is a Comcast company (now spun off from Obama crony GE)and I refuse to support that company or dignify by watching its programs. Brian Williams and his minions are full time Obama and leftist propagandists. I digress.

The safety mechanism on the 870/1100/742 et al. design is one of the best in the gun industry. Has been for years. In a lawyer's quest for fortune, the party with the most money is the party at fault. Every gun is a potential hazardous device if not maintained or handled properly. These stories do not make any real difference to the people that know the truth about Remington and NBC and its affiliates. I recommend that all real freedom lovers boycott all sponsors of NBC, MSNBC, CNBC and any others I fail to mention.
  6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Active Member

Remington responds to report to air on NBC's Rock Center

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/Remington-responds-to-report-to-air-on-NBCs-Rock-Center-147043035.html
  7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Active Member

Joe try the above link it seem to work better.

Bob Lawless
  8. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Member

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer ....
  9. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Member

I was going to watch the NHL playoffs on NBC sports channel and drink beer. Now I may just drink beer and shop for my next Remington Firearm to purchase.
  10. burtona

burtona Member

Wish I had seen this before I bought another 1100 last week. Makes me wish I had bought two of them. I have, for several years, refused to watch anything on NBC, even the local news. And I don't buy any GE products either!
    Dave Burton
  11. timberfaller

timberfaller Active Member

Just another example of ignoring safety rules and not taking into account the "personal responsibility" for one's actions. There has to be someone or something else at fault, NOT ME!!

Its to bad, lots of lawyers have no ethic's in this realm!!

As I tell my students in Hunter Ed. "If you don't make these Ten Commandments of Firearm Safety a HABIT, I will probably see your name in the Accident Report I get every year some where down the line!!"
  12. daddiooo

daddiooo Active Member

N-Nothing

B-But

C-Clinton

NBC.....nothing but a bunch of hacks inventing the news to suit their agenda.

This "news source" is nothing more than an extension of the Clinton agenda, the same Clintons who are pursuing the Small Arms Treaty with the UN. The same Clintons, in lock step with Barry the infidel in chief, who would relinquish our souverngity to some 3rd world turd who happens to be the Secretary General of the UN. (BAN KI-MOON)
  13. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Active Member

I sat my orange county WASP ass down and watched it. Thought it was well researched, documented and presented without bias on gun control.
  14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/12/remington-responds-to-nbc-hit-piece/

rom Remington Arms to The Daily Caller

NBC continues to attack Remington and the firearms industry through sensational and factually inaccurate reporting. On April 11, 2012, Brian Williams again demonstrated NBC’s anti-gun agenda with the claim that the Model 870, Model 1100 and other Remington firearms have a design flaw. That claim is demonstrably false and Remington stands fully behind the safety and reliability of the most popular shotguns in the world.

It wasn’t enough for NBC to attack over 20 million Remington firearms; they also called the Second Amendment into question by suggesting that there is a need for increased government regulation of firearms.

Model 870 and 1100 owners know the truth – these shotguns are used extensively under the most demanding conditions. Tens of billions of rounds have been fired through these firearms, which are valued for their performance and durability by millions of hunters, shooters, law enforcement and military personnel who have relied on Remington.

As the basis for its attacks, NBC continues to rely upon paid “experts” who have been repeatedly hired by plaintiff’s attorneys to testify against Remington and at least 16 other firearms manufacturers. The facts show that the Model 870 and 1100 are two of the most reliable shotguns ever produced – only one lawsuit has been filed in the last seven years and no litigation is pending against the trigger mechanisms of these firearms.

Deceptively editing and ignoring readily available documents and video evidence to drive NBC’s agenda is an all too familiar tactic. Remington stands by the reliability and safety of its firearms and will fully respond to NBC’s attempt to disparage these iconic American products.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/12/remington-responds-to-nbc-hit-piece/#ixzz1rsadTeok

Jerbear
  15. MikeMo

MikeMo TS Member

Watch the NBC piece and then do some research. That that kind of stuff passes for "journalism" today is just sad. Remington has more shotguns and rifles in the USA than any other manufacturer - so they're an easy target. NBC figures if they can successfully go after the big guy, they'll get the change they want in gun control policy. Brian Williams' mention of the Consumer Protection Safety Council in the opening to the segment is proof of that.

Remington's reponses are at RespectRemington.tv if you haven't seen them yet.
  16. halfmile

halfmile Active Member

Whatever happened to the equal time rule?

These friggin commies are not going to be satisfied until we are East Germany.

NBC advertisers need a lesson.

HM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.