1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remington 90T

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FLIP, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLIP

FLIP Member

have two friends that have 90Ts, both are having problems with the fireing pin hole oveling inlarging with harder primers (FIO CHED), is this commen on this gun? and what can they do?

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

flip,

Have your friends contact Doug Braker (Gun Dr on this site). He is the guru of all things 90T. Google his name for contact info.

ec90t

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I've yet to see a 90-T with a firng pin hole enlarging...it just doesn't happen.

IF, there were a problem, the hole should actually peen itself smaller.

What appears to many of an enlarged hole is really an optical illusion. The firing pin does not come out of the face of the receiver at a 90 degree angle. It protrudes at an angle. So because the hole in the receiver is angled, it gives the appearance of an oversize hole.

If you would remove the firing pin an slip a numbered drill bit into the hole from the receiver's face, you'll see that the hole's edges are tight to the bit.

The 90-T receiver is made of 4140 heat-treated tool steel. It just isn't soft like a Perazzi or Rem 3200.

Doug Braker

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I've yet to see a 90-T with a firng pin hole enlarging...it just doesn't happen.

IF, there were a problem, the hole should actually peen itself smaller.

What appears to many, of an enlarged hole is really an optical illusion. The firing pin does not come out of the face of the receiver at a 90 degree angle. It protrudes at an angle. So because the hole in the receiver is angled, it gives the appearance of an oversize hole.

If you would remove the firing pin an slip a numbered drill bit into the hole from the receiver's face, you'll see that the hole's edges are tight to the bit.

The 90-T receiver is made of 4140 heat-treated tool steel. It just isn't soft like a Perazzi or Rem 3200.

Doug Braker

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Nasty flinch there, doug. I'm working on a release mouse, will contact you when it's perfected.

HM

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

It wasn't a flinch. After I had replied and hit "submit", I waited 10 minutes for the page to change, after that, I copied what I had written, and pasted it to a refreshed TS.com page.

Apparently the reply was submitted, but didn't tell me so.

Doug

7. FLIP

FLIP Member

last night we checked two 90ts looks like oblonged reciver holes, shells show pin hitting to side of primer, one guy has a 30thous longer pin other had a stronger main spring,just looks like the pins are the problem.kolar said it not 4140 steel and are made to remingiton spec. they are having pins made longer looks likeit wiil work, thanks the help,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.