1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 90T

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by butcher, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

How many of you are shooting Remington 90T's? How long have you shot them and what do you think of them?

Don

2. kcp99

kcp99 Member

been shooting mine for about a year now really like it but , i like my old style bt 99 better !! want to buy a 90 t ? thanks kevin

3. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Don, I have both a low-rib and a high rib 90T. I've had them for about 6 years. At one time I had 5 90T's because I was so hooked on them. They are built like tanks. They have big bores of around .736-.738 with tight constrictions from the factory. They pattern very well. Doug Braker is the 90T expert gunsmith. I think one of the most important considerations is that they tend to be on the heavy side. The triggers are crisp, with no creep. The factory bluing wears pretty quickly. I had Doug nickle one of my receivers and it came out great. If you are interested in a mint 90T low rib there is one for sale at Wirz Wholesale in Highland, CA: phone number 909-677-7181, contact Mike Wirz, Tu-Sat 11am-6pm. Bob

4. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

I've had mine since 1997 and think its about the best single barrel trap gun for the money. I bought mine new and its appreciated over the years. Cant say that of some of the other guns I've bought and sold. Its an under 600 serial number and its not had the updates done yet, but still as tight as can be. She's a soft shooting, bird smoking, dead relaible gun. I bought a Kolar because of the 90t. Some will crab about how heavy a 90t is, but I love the way mine makes you follow through. I can shoot 300 rounds a day in a t-shirt and not have any ill effects of recoil.And btw she aint for sale!LOL

5. djcuda

djcuda Member

I have been shooting a 90T HPAR for about 3 years now.To me there is none better for the money.Built like a tank and soft shooting.
    Dave

6. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

So exactly how heavy is heavy? I shoot a 9.6 lb Beretta.

7. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

With a jones pad adjuster and a kickeeze pad, mine weights just over ten pounds. The forearm is very "full" and has some weight to it. I think thats what most guys feel when they swing one.

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I have both the fixed rib and HPAR. Bought both from folks on this site in nice condition. I got hooked on the 90T years ago, when a friend who bought one new, let me try his. I liked the weight of the gun immediately as compared to my BT99s. I took a trip up to Kolar Arms for his inspection and update and was impressed by the operation and the folks at Kolar.

I bought my fixed rib 4 years ago and the HPAR nearly two later. Built well, no problems... but it took me quite a while to find clean guns that hadn't been monkey'd with. After each purchase, I sent the guns to "GunDr" to do an inspection and springs after each purchase.

I also had him replace a bead on the fixed, new Kickeez pad on the HPAR and refinished the HPAR in his flat black teflon finish... its "the terminator".

Doug Braker (GunDr), a former Kolar technician, has his own shop up in Minnesota and is my GO2 guy for service - great service, fair price and quick turn around time.

IMO, the 90T is an unqualified value in a high performance SBT firearm.

Back bored, lengthened forcing cone, drop out trigger group... Made in USA!

If you happen to be in the Chicago Metro area, I'd be happy to have you try either "T"...

Regards all,

Jay

9. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

I had mine since 1996. I am very happy with the gun. Heavy to pick up but once on the shoulder it handles like a light weight. I used to shoot up to 4K rounds a year but the last two years I haven't been able to shoot much because of work. My 90T has an adjustable comb. I adjusted it to fit when I got the gun and adjusted it after lasik surgery 10 years ago. I had one failure two years ago. I took it into Kolar and had a broken piece replaced and Jeff also replaced a couple springs. Kolar is a great company with great people. I shot a BT99 for 8 years before I got the 90T, I like the 90T better. I'm a boring trap shooter, 2 guns in 23 years. I should clarify, 2 single barrel trap guns in 23 years. I picked up a Citori XT 3 years ago for a deal but only shot it 3 times.

I guess the best way to say what I think of my 90T is that through the years I've bought and sold many different guns but I only have one trap gun.

Joe

10. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

I'm coming off having my complete lumbar region being rebuilt in Feb. I just picked up a 90-T HPAR, about 3 months ago. I'm finally able to stand long enough to shoot at 50 targets in league shoots.

I really like mine. Granted I haven't shot it much, but what shooting I have done with it, it handles like a dream.

Vern

11. Rem Nut

Rem Nut TS Member

I have shot one since 94 or so. Mine is a low rib. I tried out both before i bought and for some reason I always shot the low rib one better although I really wanted the high rib model. I shot close to 20K rounds a year for several years when I first got mine. I would guess I have close to 150k round through it. I have had to replace the forearm shoe a time or two and the firing pin return spring broke once. that's about it. somewhere along the line I had briley chokes installed because mine happened to have only about .025 restriction which was fine for ATA shooting but a little loose for games. I also had a "clyde slide" recoil reducing system from Clyde Cameron in Lewiston ID put on. That made it the softest shooting gun I have ever shot and after all those rounds I don't need a release trigger. I like the fact that it is heavy. nothing takes out recoil like a little weight. Although it may feel heavy when you pick it up, the weight is well balanced and I don't notice it when I am shooting. the people that complain about it being a heavy gun should lift some weights or something. I have always thought the reason they didn't sell more was because Remington didn't charge enough and it wasn't costly enough for the people worried about impressing their friends with an expensive gun. of the people I know that have actually shot one, none of them would trade it for anything.

12. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Speaking with the folks up at Kolar... I got a different impression on its failure to succeed... Over engineered with a "Remington" badge, at a price point inconsistent with Remington's price point image in the early-mid 90s.

A fine firearm to be sure, but priced in excess of Winchester and Browning O/Us... let alone sharing a stable with the 870, 1100 and 1187 shotguns, one of the priciest if not the priciest shotgun in the catalogue at $2500 +/-... more for the HPAR.

Executive management shakeup at Remington wouldn't support continued production to get traction under the gun...

For the guys who paid "full price", I've never heard a gripe - for those that purchased later at Jaquas - a bargain found and the rest of us "value"

A perfect storm made the 90T a limited production gem... and getting Kolar quality as part of the package!

regards all,

Jay

13. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

I have a 90-T "low rib" ser# 03088 ...late production...barely use it, nice gun !

cw638york_2008_1805.jpg

Be well,

Chris

14. butcher

butcher Member

Can you take one trigger group assembly from one 90T with a release trigger and replace it with another pull 90T trigger assembly? how hard is it?

Don

15. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Don, the trigger assembly pulls right out. Remove the set screw at the rear of the trigger guard and just give it a slight tug. The whole shooting match comes right out. (Just like a Kolar).I have an extra trigger that if need be I'll have Doug Braker convert to release.

16. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

:) CW638YORK = sweet 90T

17. Automan

Automan TS Member

Charger, if the trigger doesn't just fall out slightly break open the action and it should. jc

18. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

I shoot a 90t low rib for handi-cap . It is a bird crushing machine from the 27. It is the gun that got me there. Last year I bought a extra barrel choked IM. First time out at 16 yard ran a 100 with it at Mason fall team shoot.

Have gone back to my 4e for singles at 16. I just love that 4e! Bill

19. butcher

butcher Member

bjk1972 I don't want a release trigger. i want a pull trigger. How much do you want for the extra trigger?

20. bjk1972

bjk1972 Member

Don, Let me think on that. Not sure I want to part ways with it. You might want to give Doug Braker a call and see if he has one.Thanks Brad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
are remington 90-t back bored
converting remington 90 t release trigger
rem 90t at jaquas

remington 90t

remington 90t shotgun
remington 90t trap
remington 90t trap gun
who built the remington 90t