1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 90T Stock Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pendennis, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I have a Remington 90T, serial number ST001XX, which has a strange (at least to me) stock feature. It was produced in 1991, according to Remington.

On the bottom of the stock, and a couple of inches behind the pistol grip, is a brass screw fitted flush to the wood. It has an allen-wrench slot, and opens up to reveal another bolt head using the same size allen wrench. Removing the bolt allows the stock to be separated from the receiver without going through the butt. This is the first I've seen on any type of shotgun. Has anyone else seen this type of assembly, and if so, what are your opinions of this attachment method? Thanks in advance.

PS - There are several other 90T's at our club, and none of them have this feature.

Best,
    Dennis

2. Rich V.

Rich V. Member

Dennis... I have owned a couple of 90ts and know a few guys that have them and have never seen anything like what you have on yours. I have a feeling that its an aftermarket addition. The GunDr should have the answer.

Rich V...

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

New one on me!!???

Doug

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

There is a device for sale in the classified columns of Trap and Field that advertises just such a system. Could this be one of those?....Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. bluemagic

bluemagic TS Member

I was at the Grand a few years back and ran across this guy who installs that item. I thought it was a great idea, but do not remember what the cost was.

6. Rich V.

Rich V. Member

Here's a link to the add in Trap and Field. Looks like a pretty good idea.

Rich V...

7. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

90T's have a hex headed stock bolt. Just drill a small hole in the recoil pad and slip the shaft of the hex headed screwdiver thru to remove stock w/o having to take off the recoil pad.

8. pendennis

Rich V - BINGO! That's the one. Thanks a bunch.

Best,
    Dennis

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

This looks pretty slick! The hole through the recoil pad works unless you have an adjustable pad. Wonder how much this set-up is?

10. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

How does it keep the buttstock tight to the receiver? It looks like the cam just locks to the existing stock bolt.

Just wonderin'.

Doug

11. pendennis

Doug, as far as I can tell, tightening the bolt clockwise actually draws the groove in the stock bolt backwards toward the butt, tightening the receiver to the stock.

Best,
    Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.