1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 90t question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by clayshtr, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clayshtr

clayshtr Member

I am thinking about puchasing a 90t and was wondering if the low rib guns shoot much flatter than the high ribs. I am shooting a gun that shoots fairly high right now and don't want to go to somethng flat shooting. I know these guns are heavy but I have been shooting an O/U for quite awhile and think this would suit me well.

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

You need a high rib and I just happen to have one for sale that is in really nice shape and tight ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

It depends on the gun- and low rib guns are more available, less expensive and the rib is bullet proof.

Try to find one or two locally and shoot them

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. Geoffery

Geoffery Member

If you are looking for a gun that shoots over 70/30, the 90T is not it. I sent one of my High Ribs to Briley to have the choke tubes off set. Only then would shoot over 70%. The cost wasn over $300.00. "Most" low ribs shoot 60/40. Also remember the are 4 different stocks. All have a different drop and are numbered. My High ribs were over 10 lbs. jim

5. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I have a very nice low rib listed on my website. I have the box with it. It has been shot very little.
    Don

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I shoot them both. I started with the low rib and recently acquired an HPAR.

Its ridiculous, but I shoot the fixed low rib better at yardage!

Great shotguns, built like brick $hithouses...

Jay

7. clayshtr

clayshtr Member

I would love to shoot one but can't find any local dealers that have one and don't like asking to shoot someone else's gun.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have not shot the high rib 90-T as of yet but the comb (factory) is adjustable and I would imagine the gun would shoot over 100% high if set up right ... I will take it to the club and try it and see what happens, now I'm curious ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Here's the scoop on the two guns....

The std/low rib 90-Ts will shoot approx 60/40...3-4" high at 40yds.

The high adjustable rib 90-Ts can be adjusted from approx 50/50..dead on target at 40yds, to approx 70/30, 6-7" high at 40yds.

The were about 25-30 after market ribs made for the 90-T to allow them to shoot in the 70%-90% range.

All of the above patterning was done from a rest with the beads in a fig 8. As WPT said above, you can make any gun shoot as high as you like by raising the comb and disregarding the fig 8 bead picture. You could also talk to Neil Winston about his bbl bending procedures.

Doug

10. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

The horse's mouth has spoken.....truly. Thx, Doug.

Buz

P.S. My low rib shoots 100% high, but I'm looking at 1/8 in. + between beads.

11. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Mine shoots where I'm looking, sometimes I look at the target.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.