1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 90T prices

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Danm, Nov 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danm

Danm TS Member

Greetings. Have not been on this site for a long time as I have not been shooting much. Have a Remington 90T I am looking to sell. I bought it used but never fired in original box from a dealer about 5 years ago and put perhaps 1500 rounds through it. No stock work done - in original condition. Regular grade wood. Original owner apparently had more money than brains, bought two from this dealer in Lanchaster PA, had this one as a backup and never fired it. It is matte finish low rib with monte carlo stock fixed full choke. These are fairly flat shooters and I got pretty impressive breaks with this when i did shoot.

This is essentially a new gun. I also bought some stainless side plates for it but never put them on.

What is is worth? I am located in Bethlehem PA and would rather sell it locally, but have no clue as to worth. It is, in essence, a new 90-T.

I also have a Winchester Diamond grade low rib single I am also going to sell with an adjustable LOP, but i figure that to be worth $900 - $1000.

Going to buy a couple of BPS pump trap gins if me and the kid want to shoot a few. Have not shot in 2 years.....

Thanks for any input.

Dan M in bethlehem

2. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

Low rib $1500-1800. High rib maybe $2-300 more. Dealers get $1800-$2000, but they are dealers. Sold an average one last year for $1400. Find out if the forend updates are done, as the perspective buyers will ask. Any updates/repair questions should be referred to Doug Braker on this website. He is the 90T God.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

not what they should be, the economy has taken a hot on some guns

4. birdbuster

birdbuster TS Member

I understand Kolar made them for Remington. Do most people send them back to Kolar for the updates, or is that just for rebuilds?

5. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

They are typically worth $1000.00 to me. I would be happy to give you a grand. (LOL)...Around here in So-Cal, they approach 1800 bucks to two grand for a gun that nice as described...Good luck.

6. spritc

spritc Active Member

Dan, I bought a 90T recently that had been totally restored to new. It also has an adjustable comb added and came in its original box with tools and paperwork. I paid $1,850.00 for it. Hope this helps.

Steve

7. spritc

spritc Active Member

Dan, you have a PM!

Steve

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I saw one in a Pawn Shop out here in Arizona a few weeks back for $1500 or best offer, and the gun looked like brand new with a like new Warwick case ... I thinks maybe I should of bought it ..? Have to take a ride over and see if its still there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bill, was that at the Jewel Box, downtown?

I used to buy turquoise for my honey there.

HM

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

It was the one on 19th Ave and Cactus (just south of Cactus) ... I have found some smoking deals in this place before ... They usually take whatever you offer them if your not rediculous about it ... I picked up a BT-99 Pro for $500 for a friend of mine not all that long ago and it even had the Browning case with it, both were in really nice condition ... I should of kept it but I don't need any more guns ... I would like to try a 90-T though just for kicks ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. Danm

Danm TS Member

Thanks to all who responded.

I got several requests for photos but I did not expect such a response and did not have photos prepared and was tied up today due to funeral of a friend. I will take a few shots tomorrow and respond to the e-mails.

I do know that no forend work was done on this as, as I stated, it was never fired before I got it and i shot it very little. In fact, the action is so new, i go tennis elbow just fron closing it - such a solid gun.

I will respond with photos asap, hopefull be end of day tomorrow. Do not like flash phots much.

THanks again.

Dan M

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ok, I know that one. I bought a Fluke meter there, seems the electronic school nearby has dropouts pawning their gear.

Still using the meter.

I love El Paso Barbecue's ribs BTW(same neighborhood). Best in the country.

HM

13. Danm

Danm TS Member

Hello all. Sent photos to all those who requested them. Very dark and cloudy here so I had to use flash. Also, need to figure out where I put the stainless side plates, but they were more or less mentioned as an aside. i actually got them from someone on this site. I think they may have been about $40. I may be able to find them, just mentioned them cause I sure hqave no use for them if I sell the 90T. Never put them on.

WPT - Remember you from the days when I was a regular here. Man, going back to 2002.... Actually just got back from Arizona a few days ago. Was taking a vacation we had planned for 8 years. Sedona and Scottsdale mostly. Hoping to have a margarita with McCain. Rustler's Rooste still puts out a great steak for not too much money. I used to go out there a lot on business in the 1990's and it sure has changed.

Dan M.

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Dan M,

I probably know you then if you were a regular any place out here ... lol ...
    Give me a hint and a price on the gun, I might have to have it just for the hell of it ... I'm going over to that Pawn shop today (Saturday) and see if that other one is still there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

paid 2,900 for my HPAR nib.

16. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

shannon391,

I know people who pay full retail for anything they buy, that don't make it right or smart ... Some people are afraid to make an offer and or try to haggle a little bit ... Horse traders love them kind of folks ... The first deal they offered me on my wifes new car was almost $4,000 more than the check I wrote for it, same car less money ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

17. Danm

Danm TS Member

Hi all, just "FOUND" the PM featue which is new since I was here last. Looking for the side plate, which I thought were in the case, but not there. I never put them on, so i need to check my old reloading bench for them.

Thanks for the interest and I am going to take some shots of the Diamond grade tomorrow for those who asked.

Dan

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

WPT,

IT was new in the box with knock out wood. I think I got a good value compared to a new Kolar or K-80.

Some day I might become as smart or savy as you at bargin shopping.

19. Danm

Danm TS Member

Update -I took out the Diamond grade to photo it for someone. Have not opened the case since it was last cleaned and oiled a couple of years ago. It was like old times again. My old reliable. I may sell it in a couple of years, but I cannot sell it now. I may only shoot it a few times in the upcoming years, but it is sort of like my wife - just ain't no substitute.

Frankly, the bad rap Diamond Grades get has also kept the price low, so there is little in it for me to betray it. I loved this gun from the first time I ever shot it, but, you get nuts in trap and think that a different gun will change things, and I bought BT100's and Perazzi TMX and the 90T and a few others. Diamond Grade is my favorite.

Sorry for the false start. I may just go break a few - beautiful day today here in PA. Have not been out in a couple of years.

Regards,

Dan M

20. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

jcl:

During the latter part of 1997 and early 1998 Jacqua's (Ohio) and Guns Unlimited (Nebraska) handled the close out sale of Remington's 90T inventory. They included all high and low rib models.

I bought one of each and still have them. The low rib is my everyday singles and handicap gun. The high rib is still sitting new and unfired in the safe.

Dan:

Good luck with your sale.

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.