1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 90-T HPAR

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ILClaysshooter01, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILClaysshooter01

ILClaysshooter01 Member

I just purchased a 90-T with the adjustable rib. I understand that lowering the rib raises the POI. At the 16 yard line under normal wind conditions do most shooter with this type of gun favor a lower rib adjustment using the first or second hole adjustment from the muzzle and then adjust the comb? How much of the rib do you generally like to see between the site and mid bead. I would just like to get view points from trap shooters that shoot this type and model gun.

2. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

The adjustment and how much, if any, rib you see between the beads is up to you. The idea behind an adjustable rib is that you can stack, or come real close to stacking, the front and mid-bead forming a figure 8.

Pat

3. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I like mine set with the rib in the lowest position in the front, then I adjust the comb from there for POI. Shoot it a bunch and figure out what works for you.

4. 4painter

4painter Member

good advice from both above

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

If you want them to shoot higher, you lower the front of the rib and raise the comb. If you want a lower POI, you do the opposite and raise the front of the rib and lower the comb. By adjusting both the comb and rib you can change the POI and keep the Figure 8, if that is what you like.

There are 2 screws that must be removed to adjust the rib. One is at the front of the rib and the other is at the middle of the barrel. If you don't remove both screws, you may bend the rib. See the pictures below.

I would suggest you shoot straight away targets and adjust the comb and rib until you are smoking targets. Then Loctite everything in place (LOL). Bill Malcolm
    beretta687eell_2008_030319.jpg

beretta687eell_2008_030318.jpg

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I have my own conundrum with my HPAR... I've shot my low rib for so long that when I bought my adjustable rib gun, I've kept the configuration roughly the same or I can't hit anything!

Give me a figure 8 and I'm happy...

Jay

7. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I will share with you the process that I use on adjustable rib and comb trap guns.
    Start with the rib in as close to neutral or the middle of the adjustable range. On the 90-T that would mean the middle hole screw for the front and rear.

Set the trap at straight aways, take a position on the 3rd station at 16 yards. Adjust the comb up or down, left or right to get you nice dust balls with the full or IM choke. (in the case of a true 90T that choke choice is to be forgotten you have a very full choke which is fixed) Once you have the comb set, then you should focus on the front to rear bead stacking picture you see upon mounting the gun.

If you like the picture, you are done. If you want to stack the beads then either raise or lower the rib to achieve the bead stacking picture you desire. Lock them in.

Get back on 16 and 3 to see if your POI has changed any.. If so adjust the comb by adding or reducing 1/16th spacers. Usually this is not needed.

Now go shoot the gun for a few splits (cases) in normal mode and see how it goes.

As an aside, I see some fellows and gals constantly fiddling with their adjustable rib as if it was a choke tube in sporting clays. It is pretty much designed to allow you to achieve the bead relationship picture that YOU like. As time goes on, you will find that the gun mount is second nature and you forget about the beads. Clothing changes (adding or removing layers) then cause you to see if your good old mount is still the same.

hope this helps and does not confuse. The 90T is a great gun. I have 2 of them, one in each style.
    Art

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to adjust the rib on a 90t
how to take rib off remington 90t

how to tighten rib on a remington 90t