1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 90 T History

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wineguy, Jul 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

What is the history of the 90T and Kolar? How did this arrangement come about?Why did it end? Is the 90T every bit the quality of a current Kolar. Thank you for the information. BB

2. wild turkey

wild turkey TS Member

The 90-t was made for Remington by Kolar. I believe Kolar up until this point made sub-gauge tube sets and choke tubes. This would have been their break into the fireams manufacturing arena. Yes it is a very good quality gun. It failed because no to many people wanted to spend $3000.00 on a Remington as it did not have a proven track record like the P and K guns in the same price range.

When Remington discontinued the 90-T they were sold for about 1/2 the MSRP. This also made people how paid full price alittle made, but what can you do. Up unitl about 2 years ago 90-T were bringing anywhere from $1100.00 - $2200.00 depending in if it was a high or low rib. Now they are starting to get more expensive starting at about $1800.00 and goung to around $2900.00.

I am glad I got mine in October 2000 for $1050.00.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

When they were discontinued, Jaqua's(as usual) bought the remainder for el chepo, and sold them as low as $1575.

I know of 3 guys that drove there from Wiosconsin to buy them.

Built like a tank, choked for smoke. One of the original complaints was about the method of stock attachment, which was like a pump or auto rather than inlet (more expensive) like most box locks.

They like it now.

HM

4. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Nothing wrong with casting - as long as it is done RIGHT

Ruger has been casting all their guns since day one and they make some of the strongest, most respected handguns and rifles ever.

There are loads in old DuPont (IMR) manuals for .44 Magnum that are segragated for "RUGER BLACK HAWK" only that are much stiffer than what they recommend for a Smith '29

Ruger has been making safari grade magnum caliber rifles in .416 Rigby; .375 H&H .338 Win Mag, etc. and just came out with .375 Ruger

Ruger's famous .22 Mark -I has been known to exceed ONE MILLION rounds

Springfield Armory has been casting M-1A receivers since 1974 when they started in Devine, TX and now in IL, and some of those receivers are on their second or THIRD REBUILD with new barrels and bolts and gas systems.

I don't think it was casting that was the failure of the 90-T - It just didn't look as good with the non-aesthetically pleasing receiver to stock appearance - very "H&R Topperish" (BTW: The H&R Topper - is one of the STRONGEST actions in existence) Labs have tried blowing them up to no avail and I believe there were some posts here about that, what? A year ago?

5. joe blow

joe blow TS Member

Wineguy, send me your E-mail address and I will send you a five page story on the developement of the 90-T that was written in Shotgun Sports.

6. BP348

BP348 Active Member

Could you send me the the story as well?

Thanks,
    Jerry

7. joe blow

joe blow TS Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

8. dhg

dhg TS Member

I would like a copy of the story , if it's not too much trouble.
    thanks dennis

9. geterdone

geterdone Member

Joe, please email me a copy as well!
    Thanks! John

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

yeah, yeah, me too on the story

HM

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

A pair of buddies were getting a tune up and one of the managers gave us tour and essentially said many of the things that Wild Turkey said, plus if I recall there was a changeover in management at Remington.

With the change in leadership, Remington pulled the plug - but that gun is as true a Kolar today as there other guns are - built like brick $hithouse!

I haven't ever visited a manufacturer other than Kolar, but nice operation!

Jay Spitz

12. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

Please send a copy of the story to me as well. I bought a 90-T in 1993 and still have it.

13. Chris

Chris TS Member

If it isn't too much trouble and you have time I would appreciate a copy also!

Thank you in advance!

Chris

14. ster7390

ster7390 TS Member

Would you please send me a copy of the 90-T story as well.
    Thanks in advance Sterling Hammond.

15. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Stevel-ct, The Ruger mark-1,and -2 were made of steel stampings welded together, and steel barstock barrel/receiver.

George

16. Shotgun5

Shotgun5 Member

Would you please send a copy to Shotgun5@epix.net I had just brough one that had less than 250 rounds put throught it and it is like new in the box.Thank You.

17. BP348

BP348 Active Member

Has anyone received the story since they requested it? I haven't.

18. GK90T

GK90T TS Member

I own four 90T's two of which are Hall of Fame guns and I would also like a copy of the 90T story.

Thank you in advance

Gary Knight

19. 9dT

9dT Member

If its not too much bother I would really like a copy as well. Thanks! Scott

20. 1-straight

1-straight TS Member

Please add my e-mail address for the 90T story... I have one with a NCP rib... it is a shooter!!
    Regards
    1-Straight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
remington 90-t history

remington 90t history