1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 90-T adjustable rib loose?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PatMiles, Jun 27, 2013.

1. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

This question is aimed at Doug Braker who was kind enough to answer my question regarding te removal of the mid bead on my HPAR.
    The rear mount on my HPAR rib is loose even though the mounting screw is tight. Rings like a bell when I shoot the gun. I'm not really worried about it but have thought of cutting some shim stock and insert it between the rib and barrel mount to allow it to be tight. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Pat

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Pat,

do not attempt to wrench the screw any tighter, you'll just strip out the screw's allen socket.

Remove the entire rib from the gun. Placing the pivot end of the rib into a vice with smooth jaws, you can carefully and slowly, squeeze those two tabs closer together. You want to squeeze just enough to have resistance sliding it back onto the tab near the mono-block. You'll want to use the corner of the vice.

If you squeeze too much, use a screwdriver blade and tap it into the slot to open it up a bit.

Doug

3. PatMiles

Doug,

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to verify that the loosness was not done by design from Kolar. With age comes wisdom, so they say, so trying to squeeze the rib mounts by way of musceling the mounting screw was not even considered thus the idea of shimming. I will carefully squeeze the ears on the barrel as you said.

Thank you for taking the time for sharing the wealth of information you have regarding the 90-T's.

Best to you,

Pat

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thx again Doug for all you do for us 90T owners

5. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

The wise Gun Dr. performed this "enhancement" to my HPAR when he was updating the fore-end and it totally solved the ringing issue.

David

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I have a ringing in my ears too , but my vice isn't big enough to get my head in!

7. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Get a bigger vice !!!!

8. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Just kidding...

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Don't squeeze anything on the barrel...its the end of the rib, near the mono-block, you will squeeze.

10. PatMiles

Doug,

Sorry, but in political speak, I misspoke. I know it is the rear of the rib that needs to be tweeked.

Thanks again,

Pat

11. PatMiles

Squeezed and fixed.

Pat

12. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Doug Braker is the best. I called him a while ago to ask him a few questions about my 90-T and he spent some time with me answering all my questions. He is a real gentleman and knows his trade very well. Dale

Search tags for this page

remington 90t loose rib