1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 887 Opinions?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Porcupine, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Anybody here own or have looked at a Remington 887 pump shotgun? Any opinions? Good duck gun?

LA in MA

2. james dent

james dent TS Member

yeah it is junk got to shoot one all plastic not your old 870 if you want a good duck gun buy a 870 or bps can't go wrong with either one like a nova but not worth the money

3. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

dDI bought one last year. This gun takes some time to brake. The biggest thing is you can not short shuck it like the Wingmaster or Express. The more I use the gun the better I like it and do not have the rust problem I had before hunting the Gulf Coast a gun can rust on the boat ramp down here.

4. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The 887 got very bad write ups in Gun Test.
    Mike Battista

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Porc, I'm a pretty big die-hard Remington guy when it comes to hunting. 1100'S, older Wingmasters, and 11-87's. Love to hunt squirrels, ducks, turkeys, pheasants and rabbits as much as the next guy. I would stay away from that 887. But, it's only my opinion. The only reason I'd ever consider one is if I were hunting in saltwater and needed something in a pinch and didn't want to ruin a classic.

I never thought I'd own, shoot and even like a plastic gun until I bought my Benelli Super Nova. My not a real young guy but it only took about 15 seconds to get over the Terminator look of it after I shouldered it. Handles fantastic and a great shooter. Doesn't rattle either. I picked up an 11-87 SPS SuperMag for a steal. It handles 2 3/4" dove, trap and skeet loads, 2 3/4" heavy field loads, 3" & 3 1/2" steel and turkey loads without cycling problems. What a bum wrap this gun got/gets. Either I'm lucky or other guys don't know how to use theirs. I havn't been shooting my older Remmys that much over the last few years, took a liking to the composites in the field.

Look around if you have time and don't rush. There is alot of composite stuff out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 887 for trap