1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 870 Trap TC TB

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Peasant, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peasant

Peasant TS Member

Hello...

What are the differences between a Remington 870 Trap TC & TB ?

Thanks

Ugo

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The TC was a wood upgrade but actually there is very little difference as I have seen some really nice TB's

3. shrek

shrek Active Member

all the TC's that I have seen also had cut checkering, where the tb's have had pressed checkering.

They both are upgraded wood as has been mentioned, and in several cases the tb wood has been as nice as some of the tc wood.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

What year TC/TB?

5. Peasant

Peasant TS Member

Older...newer... just wondering...some research found, mentions that the TC has a polisher action and is really smooth...so I've read...

Thanks for the response

Ugo

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have an older TB and have had it since 1980, not sure when it was made but the blueing and wood is far superior to any TC I have seen to date

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If you can find an older TC (60's) and the barrel doesn't have any production stamps on it near the breech end then you have a better barrel than the standard barrels on the older TB's. I agree that some of the guns made in the late 7o's and early 80's had great metal finishing. They called it "RotoHoned". Very dark and shiny.

If the barrel does have production stamps it's just a regular 870 barrel with a rib and a center bead.

8. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

In 1972 my brother bought a TC and I bought a TB. His had wood about thirteen times nicer than mine, cut checkering and in the literature was said to have a honed action. Mine has nice wood, standard action, pressed checkering. Both had 30 inch barrels, mine full, his mod trap. His was monte carlo, mine straight. His was used very little and I now have it. Mine was used enough to cause a crack in the receiver. I wish I could shoot his. The monte slams me. Maybe I could liposuction my cheek. (on my face).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 870 tc trap