1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 870 Tournament?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hillestadj, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hillestadj

hillestadj TS Member

At a local gunshow over the weekend I ran across an interesting 870 I'd like to know a little more about. The receiver was marked 870 Tournament. The receiver and mag tube were silver like they had been EN plated or similar. It had a blued barrel barrel and high grade wood with an adjustable comb and recoil pad. My questions is this, were these custom shop options - especially the plated reciever/mag tube? Or is this just something that someone decided to put together (owner didn't know, he bought it that way).

Thanks in advance.

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

The book, "Standard Catalog of Remington Firearms," does not list such a model.

Ed

3. Pre-64

Pre-64 Banned User Banned

Remington offered a "Tournament" Grade 870 in both the Trap & Skeet models of the Remington "TD" gun. There is currently an AD on eBay dated 1952 featuring it.
    Skeet model was available in 1) Skeet 2) Target 3) Tournamnet & 4) Premier
    Trap versions were 1) Trap TC 2) Trap TD "Tournament" grade, along with additional barrels...
    Remington's website also lists the many models including the various "Tournament" grade models at; http://www.remington.com/products/archived/shotguns/pump-action/model-870-wingmaster.aspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

870 d tournament grade

remington 870 tournament skeet