1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 870 - Need a little help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rem29, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Rem29

Rem29 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    A friends son of mine is a great shot however the pump fore end tube assembly on his 12 gauge 870 has broken off at the end of the tube. It is thin walled and even tig welding is out. Doesn't sound like much of a problem except this gun is of the early model and the parts are no longer available. It also has a ton of sentimental value. I'd like to surprise the guy but have had no luck locating the parts. Anyone out there have a hint (or an old 870 they would like to part out?)

2. mag410

mag410 Active Member

Jan 29, 1998
    NE Mississippi

<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-us">
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">
    <meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document">
    <title>New Page 1</title>

If this is the part you are referring to, the only difference the little tab
    on the new part.

Grind the tab off and you are good to go.

I have a new matte $45 shipped.

3. Rem29

Rem29 Member

Sep 10, 2011
    Thanks for the feedback guys.
  4. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Mag410 has the easiest answer. I have an old 870 and have replaced the action bar assembly a couple times. It's a little tricky making a tool to get the nut off before you can remove it from the forearm wood. Search this site and someone will have an answer.

Yes, the tabs on the newer bars don't line up for the old style bolt carrier. I just ended up getting a new bolt carrier which isn't a big deal, but grinding the tab off the bars works too.
Search tags for this page

remington 870 bolt carrier old style