1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

remington 870 competition trap recoil parts

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Ernesto1, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

0   0   0

Hi everyone. I'm sure I'm not alone on this. I have an 870 Competition Trap that is an absolute blast to shoot. However with the scarcity of recoil reduction parts available, I choose not to use it much. Is there any machinists on this site that may be interested in making some of these obsolete parts? Numrich still has the piston return buffer spacer available along with the piston and piston return spring. Everything else - the piston retainer, piston return buffer and piston ring are nowhere to be found. I'm sure availability of these parts would spur some interest and purchases by those of us who have this particular 870.

Sorry to be so long winded. Hope someone has some ideas.

Darryl

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'd buy some, too.

Ed

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Ernesto and Ave Ed. Like you guys I adore the concept of the "Comp"...

But you guys ought to find a 1100. millions of those made compared to a couple dozen 870 comps. Then yo can have recoil reduction, better balance, and higher scores.

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

As you know, Jack, I have an 1100TT with a Hastings high-rib barrel that was to be my "old age" trap gun when my arthritis made a break-open gun too painful to shoot. But an 870 Competition offers the light recoil of the 1100 without the necessity of a shell catcher and they aren't nearly as hard on hulls as an autoloader.

Another plus is that the Comps shoot higher than any other 870s or 1100s - I have to have the combs on my 870s and 1100s jacked up almost an inch but the Comp shoots great for me without an adjustable comb. When I mounted my first one, I immediately noticed that I had a gap between the beads - I never had that on a Remington before.

Finally, the odds of a breakdown are much less than with an 1100 because the action isn't slammed open every time the gun is fired.

Below are before and after shots of my 1100TT's stock - before I had it made adjustable and after I adjusted it so the gun shoots where I look.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ed

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Taking nourishment this morning eh, Ed?

Next time I get a MC 1100 stock that nice I will keep the gun. My fave 1100 set is a strate stock TT tha I carry with the orig step rib and a custom 28" SC and Skeet choked bbl by the fellow in Wauwatosa*. I forget his name, but will remember it. He mad the chokes "parabolic"**

*Pete Elsen

**not unlike a colicky baby

You should tell thse guys once in a while that you reload with PB powder. Adn too that it makes a 1100 (or perhaps even a Comp) function better.

6. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I bought another 870 Comp last week and am always a buyer for a good "parts gun". I shoot the "Comps" better than my high dollar guns. I have always thought that they shot a higher POI right from the factory and this evidently works better for me. Rick ~~~Texas

7. Bluedotman

Bluedotman Active Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

8. Ernesto1

Ernesto1 Member

0   0   0

In response to MIA...If I could find an 1100 that points and breaks clays like the comp I would most certainly consider making the purchase. However, after shooting for the past 40 years, I have yet to find a sweeter handling gun for trap than the 870 comp. Believe me, I have shot friends Perazzi's, Krieghoff's, etc. but nothing balances for me like a 870 comp. I will keep mine until I pass on.

Keep breaking those clays, Darryl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

870 competition parts

parts for 870 competion remington shotgun
remington 870 competion parts

remington 870 competition

remington 870 competition parts

remington 870 competition parts list

remington 870 competition trap

remington 870 competition trap parts