1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 870 Compatition Trap Parts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rschramm, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rschramm

rschramm TS Member

I am considering purchasing a Remington 870 Compatition Trap. I am somewhat concerned about "parts". What parts seem to be suspect to wear/breakdown? I have heard some parts are inteerchangeable with an 1100 and some parts cannot be found. True or not? Is this a gun that I can shoot regularly and use as my primary gun...or is a a gun that will be in the shop all the time? Thanks for your help. Ron S.

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Ron: I shot one for several years (never should have sold it) with "0" problems, it is a great gun--excellent patterns--soft recoil, they DO need to be kept clean which is a little more involved than a std. 870 but you will figure it out easily. If you shoot light loads ie 1oz. or 7\8 @ 1100-1150 you may not notice the recoil reduction system doing its job, but it is, especially at the end of a 200--300 target day, where you will notice it is with 1&1\8oz. @ 1150 to 1250, the recoil sensation is similar to 1100s @ 1187s.

I'm sure Avg. Ed will chime in with some good tips & info as he is our resident 870 COMP expert. Good Luck you're going to love it. Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.