1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 870 Classic Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TrapCrazy, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

I purchased a used 870 classic trap in excellent condition the other night just because I thought it was really nice. I used to own a 1100 classic trap and hated how it shot over all. I realize the 870 has the same barrel etc. but overall the 870 seemed to handle alot better. I was really impressed with it for the price. I bought it for my son to use in the near future. A couple guys use them at the club and I always hated shooting with pump or semi guys but now I see why they use the 870. I started slow 1/5 with it but then broke 19/20 when I figured out the POI. Kudos for the 870, however it won't see much action because I am still teaching the k80 to break targets.

2. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

My wife would like that for sure. I have new O/U barrels coming today for it. I didn't shoot it too bad last night. 24/27 and then 19/25 ( had a bad time at one station for some reason) It is coming around. I just have to shoot it more. I kind of liked shooting the 870 which can be scary, because I don't want to mix another one into my head. Like I said i bought it because it was a good deal and thought one of my sons might like to shoot it in the future. I was amazed at how nice it was for the money. My buddy shoots one at our club and loves it. He even like it so much he had a custom stock built for his.

3. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

Fred,
    I have another LE buddy who whoots a K80 as well and he has offered a similar deal and he is local. :)

Just have to get confidence in using the K80 that is the problem. I took the right step the other night. Soon I will be a target breaking machine with it.

4. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

my offer wasnt as good as fred's. im still kinda tempted to keep the xt combo and sell the 80

5. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

What did your wife find out and she wants here $$ back..... The XT combo is too low rent for you. A guy like you needs to have the best to perform well. If a guy on the line has a nicer gun then u it screws with your mind. Otter stick with your k80 then you and Dieter can be buddies.

6. Huntin'Fool

its "ours" not hers or mine

7. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

I guess in terms of marrage law that is correct. I'm sure she wouldn't have a problem with you buying it anyway. She understands how important it is to have the best made equipment. :)

8. mulls427

mulls427 Member

I built my K-80 combination from parts on sale here at trapshooters while recuperating after chemo etc. Took a while to get it right but the left hand totally adjustable Fajen really helped. I then proceeded to take our clubs top gun in our summer league!! :)) Mike

9. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

Congrats Mike,
    The k80 is a fine gun!

10. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I started shooting trap with my Wingmaster Field w/ fixed 30" barrel and fixed full choke. Bought a TB shortly after. Fixed full, 30" barrel, MC stock. Still have it and won't part with it. That baby is cherry. I was under the impression at one time every trapshooter started with an 870.

Hunt, if you are shooting at H-S on Sunday and the combo is still for sale please bring it, I'm sort of interested. Thanks, Spank

11. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

There was a minty 870TC on GB that I followed for about a month, beautiful wood. The guy wasn't interested in handgun trades so I kept hoping that $600 would magically appear in my mailbox somehow but not to be. Don't think it sold but it's not there now. One of these days...

12. Huntin'Fool

Spanky I plan on shooting it Sunday so I will have it

13. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

Spanky bring $2500 because when huntin fool shoots a 19/50 on sunday with it he will be willing to let it go for loss! Don't do the gun switch Hunt it is no good.....Stick with your wifes k80. If you shoot that XT you can't wear your krieghoff jacket.

14. setool

setool Member

Hawk 46,

Is the 870 you were looking at the one from Red's Trading Post (50th Anniversary Classic), if so, I'm the one who bought it. It is my 2nd one, one for my son, and the other to go with my 870 collection.

Just curious...

Mark Schneider

15. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Mark, that wasn't the one. The one I watched was a private seller, listed at $600 even. Really nice wood and a very nice gun overall. Relisted auto 3 times that I know of, maybe more. Surprised it didn't sell even though that's on the high side for an 870. Wish he would have traded. Only one TC on there now, a few TB's.

16. Huntin'Fool

I will sell you the Krieghoff Jacket for 100 then when I go back to the browning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1100 classic trap review
870 classic trap
870 classic trap review

remington 870 classic trap

remington 870 classic trap review

remington 870 trap
remington 870 wingmaster classic trap
remington 870 wingmaster classic trap review