1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Remington 870 assembly help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

So my numb-nuts 17 year old took my old Remington 870 Wingmaster out for some Sporting Clays today. Thing is it was pouring down rain. The gun literally had water running out of it. So i stripped it down trigger out and all. I have the water issue resolved and have cleaned and oiled it thouroughly. I want to let the stock dry overnight to be certain. I'm very mechanically inclined but i'm a little worried about reassembly. I figured it best to get it apart and get the water out first and worry about the reassembly later. Normally when i take something apart it sticks in my mind for reassembly. I just want to make sure everything is done correctly. So my question is, anybody have a good assembly schematics or another method for me to be certain its done right? Pics would be a bonus but i'll make do with anything i can get. Thanks

Matt

2. grntitan

My 870 is back together again. Thanks to both of you who offered to help. It was actually a piece of cake. I now feel quite comfortable doing it. I was worried about nothing. Better safe than sorry. Thanks again.

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Years ago, I was shooting a ATA event and it rained fairly hard. I disassembled my gun, and cleaned and oiled it and reassembled the gun and placed it in my gun case. Two weeks later I pulled the gun out and it was rusted all over the receiver. When it rains nowadays, I clean and oil the gun, leave it disassembled for 1 week to air dry before I place the gun back in a gun case.
    Steve Balistreri

4. grntitan

Steve--That is not a bad habit at all. I'm confident i got the water out but since i now know how to reassemble it fairly quickly, i may strip it down tomorrow and let her air out longer. Thanks for the input.

5. Rebsmith

Rebsmith Member

FYI.....never, Never, NEVER store a firearm in a case, fleece or otherwise. It is guaranteed DISASTER.

Jere

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.